Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked out a NBP with ebony interior, and I noticed that while the seats and dash are indeed black, the roof is grey??? I think it looks weird, why would Acura do that? Maybe you guys like it, I just wasn't expecting it. Thoughts?

Are all ebony interiors like this?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Its the same with my Arctic Blue TSX w/ ebony leather. I don't have a problem with it. The gray doesnt look that bad and it grows on you.....at least its not ivory color.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Yes, all ebony interiors are like that. It's actually not bad... You won't even notice it :)

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
no, the avatar is white my car is abp... with navi, and ebony interior

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I took a stock avatar from the list when I joined, just have not felt the need to change yet..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ah hah!
i wish the white came with ebony interior, i'm not a huge fan of the parchment.
is an avatar a picture?

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
It is the picture on the side of the page under where the user name is...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
CTgirl said:
ah hah!
i wish the white came with ebony interior, i'm not a huge fan of the parchment.
is an avatar a picture?
If you goto Canada they sell white TSXs w/ ebony interior. I still don't understand why they haven't brought that here. Milano Red w/ ebony for '05 is a start though.

·
Registered
634 Posts
If the ceiling was black, it would feel like you're in a cave. The light color makes it appear higher and roomier. Ceilings are almost always much lighter than the walls in any space except movie theatres or nightclubs.

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
I think the light color roof interior is due to psychological reasons.
With a lighter color on top, the interior seems bigger, with a dark color, it seems more closed in and smaller. just my 2 cents.

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
IMO the parchment interior is more "upscale" and unique looking. The use of three colors on the inside (cream roof lining, black dash, and light wood). Maybe 5 years ago I would have opted for the Black Interior but now is seems kinda monotone and depressing after a long day in my office.....But....compared to the interior of the Accord V-6, the black interior of the tsx looks great. At least the dash is separated by a nice metallic stipe. In fact, in the brochure it looks real nice. They don't even put the parchment in the brochure.

Another issue is the heat in Florida where the temps get extremely hot, I'll be loving my prem white pearl paint and light interior. The only downside is that the floor mats get dirty quick.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
yeah, especially if you are in wisconsin.... how are the carpets holding up to the snow???

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
I have alread scrubbed them twice.....And thats just from rain. I bought some cream colored all weather mats and they look 'better' but in reality I am either gonna hafta a)not use them at all or b) get over a little dirt on these mats....c) could clean them every day...... :) ............nahhhhhh.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts