• Ebony

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Quartz

Votes: 3 18.8%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating on getting either the Ebony or Quarts interior. I'm getting a 2005 Satin Silver 6sp Navi but haven't decided on the interior color. What color did you choose and why? Are you happy with your decision? Is it a camera affect or why those it seem that the carpet on the ebony interior looks faded in allot of posted picture?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Ebony

Mine has not faded, at least not yet. The main drawback to the ebony is the summer heat (depending upon where u live) and the higher maintenance (every speck of dust will show & make sure u apply cleaner/protector evenly or else u will have very noticable streaks).

I do not like the 2 tone dash of the grey interior. I should also mention that black is my fav color so perhaps I am biased but I think it looks best - especially NBP/Ebony.

Perhaps u should add a poll to this?

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
I think that Ebony would look better in a Silver car.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I went ahead and added a poll to this, this way you can get a better idea of which on is more popular. I have an Arctic Blue TSX w/ ebony interior (the only interior color you can get for ABP), and I like it though in the summers it can get hot, especially the seats since they are black. I haven't had a problem with dust on my seats.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I originally started looking for a used TSX because I was having a hard time finding a 6 speed. I found the Parchment to be too light and really showed dirt, especially the carpet. Even new parchements in the showroom had dirt on the center console arm-rest. I also found that Quarts interiors in the used cars looked yellowish and the carpet was light gray and looked really dirty all the time. The used black interiors I looked at, pretty much looked great which is why I was adamant about the black interior. If they made the quarts a little darker and went with a dark gray carpet, I would have gone that way, but the current color is too light. Look at a couple of used ones and you will see that quarts looks yellowish after about a year. The black interior gets a slight ash overtone on the black but it doesn't look bad at all. The quarts on the ohter hand looks funny especially the carpet. Good luck.

Ignacio

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just got a Satin Silver with Ebony a few weeks ago! The two cars that I test drove were the carbon grey with quartz. The quartz looked okay in the carbon grey, but for a Satin Silver, I just didn't think it would look right... not enough contrast. I love my Satin Silver/Ebony combo!

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I am like Agent_chen, i have the abp with ebony, and have not had all that much of an issue with it

·
Registered
64 Posts
TRAVIESO said:
Do you guys think $25500 (car) +$1850 (navi) + $2550 (tax) =$29900 is a good price?
Damn, 9.3% tax? Is that the highest in the nation? Other than the taxes, which I guess you can't very well negotiate on, $27,350 is a good price for a 2005 TSX with Nav. But, you really should negotiate on OTD prices so you can be sure there are no B.S. dealer fees when it's time to sign on the dotted line.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Ebony all the way! It's just soooo sexy! Grey is more elegant to me...but I didn't quite like the two tone black/grey... SSM/Ebony :thumbsup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
manavi said:
Damn, 9.3% tax? Is that the highest in the nation? Other than the taxes, which I guess you can't very well negotiate on, $27,350 is a good price for a 2005 TSX with Nav. But, you really should negotiate on OTD prices so you can be sure there are no B.S. dealer fees when it's time to sign on the dotted line.
I'm going to predict that the tax includes licensing, etc...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts