Acura TSX Forum banner

ECU/Airbag

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tottenham12712 
#1 ·
In recent months I have had my yellow airbag indicator light come on and sometimes it does not. I believe it is probably related to the sensor in the seat belt harness. I am planning to take it into the dealer to get fixed. I would assume once the problem is fixed they will need to reset or clear the fault code from the ECU. I had my ECU reflashed. If they clear the fault code will that affect my reflash? My car is no longer under warranty so is this something I need to tell the dealer so they don't mess up the reflash?

#3 ·
If you are using FlashPro, I would reflash the ECU back to stock before taking it to the dealer.

If you simply had the ECU reflashed by Hondata in California or a Hondata dealer you must make sure the dealer does not reflash it.
Any code clearing or tests done thru the ECU OBDII port will not affect the ECU firmware.
If the dealer does flash the ECU back to stock, you will have to have it reflashed by a Hondata dealer or by sending it back to Hondata in California.
The easiest way to tell if the ECU is back to stock is by going by the Vtec cam timing changeover point.

Most air bag systems are independent of the ECU though. The dealer should not have to do much, if anything, to the ECU.

#5 · (Edited)
Anything SRS related has nothing to do with the ECU, The whole system is controlled by its own SRS module(including the light on the dash). You either need a special code reader or a jumper to get the codes for the SRS system (this is for obvious reasons since you dont want "joe" taking a wrench to the system). In any case the ECU does not control the SRS system so your re flashed ECU will not have any correlation to the SRS code.

EDIT: A typical code reader cannot remove SRS codes, or even read them for that matter.

I can give directions on how to read them if needed but if your not comfortable doing so I would not recommend doing it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.