Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well from the thread down below it looks like we wont have a Hondata ECU for the TSX anytime soon.

So my question are there any alternatives?

Another one, lets say there was a hondata ecu out for the TSX already would you get one? Kpro of H4?

If it was me I wouldnt know which is best, I know H4 is preset and tuned for only having a CAI and its preset so you dont have to do any tuning yourself if your a complete noob and dont know how to do anything.

But lets say you want to have a CAI/h/e setup, so that would mean you would need kpro. But at the same time you dont know how to tune it, anyone know how?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was planning on making another thread about this but I guess ill ask it here also.

Theres another thread on this but no one really gave an answer I was looking for.

I'm looking for the basic mods Intake/header/exhausts that would give me a good performance gains but at the same time not add significant amount of noise.

I'm planning to get an Injen Cai and I know it would increase noise in the intake area but im fine with that. But what about headers and exhaust? Are there any that would give a good performance gains without adding significant noise?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Headers and exhaust will always increase noise.

If you really want a "good" performance gain without adding significant noise, the solution is turbocharging. Because turbochargers are spun by exhuast gases, they also tend to decrease exhaust noise. You can add an easy 50 hp w/o any significant increase in noise.

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
AlterZgo said:

If you really want a "good" performance gain without adding significant noise, the solution is turbocharging. Because turbochargers are spun by exhuast gases, they also tend to decrease exhaust noise. You can add an easy 50 hp w/o any significant increase in noise.

true, but with turboing a non-turbo car comes lots of tuning and building to make the car run and perform well... remember this.... cost, performance, reliablity... choose 2

cost/performance = lack of reliablity
cost/ reliablity = lack performance
performance/reliable = gonna cost a lot

also if your car still has a warrenty, most dealerships will void your warrenty if you install any type of FI or N2o

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Unfortunately, there is no ready plug and play ECU available for the CL9 at this stage on the open market. Stick to the basic NA mods first, it isn't so bad really.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noel said:
Unfortunately, there is no ready plug and play ECU available for the CL9 at this stage on the open market. Stick to the basic NA mods first, it isn't so bad really.
sorry if this is really a noob question but I see this acronym all the time and I dont know what it means. What is "NA" mean. I do know NA also means not available but what does NA mean in engine language?

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
justsomeboi said:
sorry if this is really a noob question but I see this acronym all the time and I dont know what it means. What is "NA" mean. I do know NA also means not available but what does NA mean in engine language?
NA = naturally aspirated

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AlterZgo said:

I know there will always be an increased amount of noise... But is there a brand which makes headers or exhausts which give a nice amount of performance gains without a HUGE compromise of sound? Note i use huge, like I said I know sound will increase but I dont want a car that you can hear a block or blocks away.

On another note what increases noise more? Headers or exhaust and which gives a greater performance increase?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
justsomeboi said:
I know there will always be an increased amount of noise... But is there a brand which makes headers or exhausts which give a nice amount of performance gains without a HUGE compromise of sound?
In one word, No. You either have minimal to little gains on a street legal tuned setup or much preferable gains on a sport/race type setup. But running the sport/race setup, it's still acceptably more quiet than other Hondas with similar changes.

justsomeboi said:
On another note what increases noise more? Headers or exhaust and which gives a greater performance increase?
Exhausts generate the most noise apart from intake and engine. While headers are the combination to free up more power than exhausts.

K

·
0 Posts
I have seen a couple people who are running a current K-Pro on there TSX engines. The thing is you have to get rid of your throttle by wire which is done by swapping your TSX throttle body for a Accord throttle body since its from a K24 and doesn't use this. Then the K-Pro will allow it to work without the throttle by wire and allow you to tune your TSX.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts