Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new to the K24a2 world... i own a 6sp 06 TSX.
i'm use to k20a2's but know nothing about the k24's

here's my question.

Can i use Kpro on the tsx motor?

Is K-Pro Necessary for the k24a2?

Where and how can i find it for the k24a2?

and how come nobody really likes Skunk2 Mega Power r's exhaust for the TSX. it sounds RAW as hell... Very Throaghty as F'k...

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
i'm new to the K24a2 world... i
and how come nobody really likes Skunk2 Mega Power r's exhaust for the TSX. it sounds RAW as hell... Very Throaghty as F'k...
Because we like to seperate ourselves from ricers and "ballin" civic owners.

But i think there are a few members whom have the setup.

But yes you can use kpro but its not needed. Go for a reflash unless you go boosted.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as necessity goes, everything that was necessery for the engine to function came with it from the factory ;) As for the rest, search.
don't get me wrong, but searching in this site is quite harder then Club RSX.. not basjhing this site at all, but club RSX was just a lil more user friendly when it came down to Search.. but thanks for your sarcasm....:puke:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes you can use Kpro for the TSX or if you dont plan on going the NA/Force Induction route then you can get a Reflash as well.

Search first before asking question, google/tsxclub search feature
thanks bro...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK well this is what i'm trying to do... I'm trying to go boost, and everywhere i turn, says i Def need KPro.. i know Hondata had em, but it says it only has it for the RSX...

So i would need the dual harness and a RSX ecu... (slightly Confused)

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
OK well this is what i'm trying to do... I'm trying to go boost, and everywhere i turn, says i Def need KPro.. i know Hondata had em, but it says it only has it for the RSX...

So i would need the dual harness and a RSX ecu... (slightly Confused)
From what I know about k-pro (very little, but hopefully this helps you).....you have to run 2 ECUs. I think people buy a base RSX ECU to run along with your TSX ECU with the k-pro software installed.

I think you will lose certain features if you go the k-pro route (cruise control is one, ABS may be another...not too sure).

Please someone correct me if I've given bad advice!

Anyhow, good luck.

·
Gotta take a Dookie
570 Posts
From what I know about k-pro (very little, but hopefully this helps you).....you have to run 2 ECUs. I think people buy a base RSX ECU to run along with your TSX ECU with the k-pro software installed.

I think you will lose certain features if you go the k-pro route (cruise control is one, ABS may be another...not too sure).

Please someone correct me if I've given bad advice!

Anyhow, good luck.
you dont lose ABS you do lose VSA and cruise control. And yes you are required to run two ecus due to the TSX ecu because of the DBW. So you will need a harness and a kpro ecu if you want a ecu management. You can run turbo without kpro but than you cant really manage fuel, boost, vtec, and etc. basically tuning.

also hondata no longer supports dual harness kpro for the tsx. so you will have to go with k-tuned harness in order for the dual ecu to work.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys.... i know it took me a long time to reply, but i been extremely busy... i wish i would have know that i could use a base rsx ECU, because i would have kept the one out of my Base RSX sucks ass but oh well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts