Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2008 TSX AT ecu at the junkyard. Cost me $100 flat. It's in mint condition. I also have an '08 AT. I am not 100% sure but if I install this into my car, is it a direct plug and play or my keys, etc needs to be reflashed? Reason for installing this is to tackle a nagging TPMS issue I've been dealing with. I've swapped out everything from sensors to the receiver. Don't know where the RF interference is coming back but it can't hurt to try an ECU swap.

·
-
1,764 Posts
You will have to take your car to a Honda dealer or equivalent to get the immobolizer synced to the new ECU.
Unless you can get the immobolizer module and a key from the wrecked car where the ECU came from.

Hondata.com has details on the ECU swap. The TSX will crank but will not start without immobolizer synchronization.

I hate TPMS and I am glad none of our 4 vehicles have TPMS.
I recall a similar TSX TPMS issue. Are you sure the TPMS system is controlled by the ECU?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest. I don't know what else can be causing my TPMS to be acting up. Changed the initiators, the sensors and receiver. Still having the message "Check TMPS System". Also what doesnt make sense to me is anytime I scan my car I get a message stating my VSA will cutoff at 50mph. And as soon as I clear the message the VSA icon lights up. Mind you that is after I clear the message. There I no codes what so ever. I changed the ABS module and the exact same thing but the car drives normal. Not sure if my car is pregnant with a gremlin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts