Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone.

i finally recieved my used ecu that i need to go and get coded to my euro CL9

i know im going to get error codes and a light on the dash.

will any of these effect how it runs?

i dont have flashpro yet, but will the car run fine untill i get flashpro?

just want to check the ecu actually connects to my car before i order it.

·
-
1,750 Posts
You need Littlebo to answer your European questions! :)

Assuming your European car has an immobolizer, it will NOT run with the new ECU until the dealer sync's it up & enters your chassis VIN into the new ECU.
However it should crank & a Can Bus compatible scanner (or FlashPro) should be able to communicate to the new ECU.

It is a good idea to get your car working as much as possible with the new ECU before taking it to a Honda dealer to sync up the new ECU.

Once you've tested as much as you can with the new ECU,
I would drive your car to the dealer with the old ECU, swap the new ECU back in right there & then let the dealer work on it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need Littlebo to answer your European questions! :)

Assuming your European car has an immobolizer, it will NOT run with the new ECU until the dealer sync's it up & enters your chassis VIN into the new ECU.
However it should crank & a Can Bus compatible scanner (or FlashPro) should be able to communicate to the new ECU.

It is a good idea to get your car working as much as possible with the new ECU before taking it to a Honda dealer to sync up the new ECU.

Once you've tested as much as you can with the new ECU,
I would drive your car to the dealer with the old ECU, swap the new ECU back in right there & then let the dealer work on it.
Plugged the TSX ecu in today. but my OBD2 code reader wouldnt connect to it.

is this because i need to install the CAN BUS link between the obd2 plug and the ecu?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you installed TSX ECU in your car yet?
i plugged it in to see if my obd2 code reader would connect to it. but it didnt.

want to know if i need the canbus adapter harness installed for my code reader to connect to the tsx ecu

make sense?

im just testing the ecu to check it works

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you must conect CAN line to OBD2 (two wires) before testing TSX ECU or doing IMMO work. All was explained in hondata forum and you asking same here...
I must have missed that on hondata.

I've only asked this question here. Thanks for your answer

I just like to do a lot of research. Which usually means a few questions

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I was able to test my used ECU today by connecting the Hondata adapter harness, then swapping ECUs, and then plugging in the FlashPro. The FlashPro recognized the ECU so I'm off to the dealership tomorrow to get my immobilizer reprogrammed.

I understand that you want to make sure your ECU is good before getting FlashPro but I think you're going to need FlashPro and the adapter harness to test it. Even if your ECU was bad, is that going to stop you from getting FlashPro? Probably not, right? You'll just have to find a good ECU. If you find it's too much trouble to get a good ECU, you could always sell the FlashPro.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was able to test my used ECU today by connecting the Hondata adapter harness, then swapping ECUs, and then plugging in the FlashPro. The FlashPro recognized the ECU so I'm off to the dealership tomorrow to get my immobilizer reprogrammed.

I understand that you want to make sure your ECU is good before getting FlashPro but I think you're going to need FlashPro and the adapter harness to test it. Even if your ECU was bad, is that going to stop you from getting FlashPro? Probably not, right? You'll just have to find a good ECU. If you find it's too much trouble to get a good ECU, you could always sell the FlashPro.
Yea your right.

I ordered the flash pro now anyway :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.