Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the fence about a trunk lip spoiler for years now. I wanted the EDM Ducktail, but there was no way I'm paying $700 for the OEM piece. Then the FLP trunk lip was released by Heeltoe. I sort of wanted it, but it was too bulky in my opinion. Plus I was too picky about the fiberglass finish.

Fast forward to now, I still want the subtle EDM ducktail look, but I'm still not willing to pay $700 for it.

I found this: PAINTED 2003 - 2008 ACURA TSX TRUNK LIP SPOILER 2007 | eBay

Has anyone bought this and have any details about it? (paint quality, finish, etc). For about $50 it's not a bad deal, I'd rather have this than the M3 lip. I like the curves of this one.

The auction says 26 have purchased this. I was wondering if anyone on this forum is one of them.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the M3 lip is more "flared" and less rounded when you look at it from behind:

This is a pic of the OEM Ducktail

It fits the rear body lines more, and doesn't have a "upward slope" shaped flare to it when you look at it from the slide. Bottom line is it's smoother.

·
Registered
714 Posts
i ordered one of those m3 lips from the bay of e and when it arrived it was too F ing long!

idiots.

was made from flexi plastic stuff though

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've got the Aerocarparts lip spoiler. Go it off a member here. Similar to the FLP but doesn't have that inner curve. IMO, no offense to people with the M3 lip, but I wouldn't even call it a lip or spoiler. Too skinny and just.. no. I was also worried about the bulkiness a bit, but it grew on me and took the chance and I dig it. If I could changed anything about it I would love it if it was maybe half a centimeter lower in height looking from the rear.

Here's a preview of it on the member I bought it off of. I'd post my car but I've only got a shitty instagram photo.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ that looks like a Spoon Rep spoiler. I like that one as well, but it doesn't fit the theme of my build, nor does it fit me. I'm all about the subtle look, the Spoon trunk lip is too large for my tastes.

·
Registered
652 Posts
It's all good. I'm going for the ASpec kit on mine. Love the 'flares' on the front and rear so I thought I'd get a somewhat 'aggressive' yet clean spoiler. Don't think I've seen pictures of your car before haha

·
Registered
364 Posts
in the description it says "Brand New PAINTED M3 style trunk lip spoiler"

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
in the description it says "Brand New PAINTED M3 style trunk lip spoiler"
But in the photos, the spoiler is shown to be what looks like an EDM Ducktail spoiler, but it's too far away to tell.

There isn't really any formal definition of what an "M3" spoiler is, and this is an eBay item from Taiwan, the description could have anything written in it with the goal to move more product.

Again, if anyone has purchased this spoiler, any insight would be helpful.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I would bet that those are the same as the US M3 style lip spoilers. For about $50 including shipping from Taiwan, you can't expect there to be much material in the spoiler. I'd suggest you look on eBay UK for a used genuine ducktail spoiler. That's where I got my first one. If not, the Heeltoe one is the next best thing. It is a bit bigger but I've seen one in person and it still looks good.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Now that one actually does look like the EDM ducktail. Maybe you should ask the seller for some more pics of the actual spoiler he's selling to make sure.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
EDM is very nice. The FLP is a bit higher but still looks clean. I'm not sure if I'll be installing mine soon or just wait for spring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts