Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People who have halogen EDM/JDM headlights:
Is it possible to run the H1 Halogen bulbs on the halogen headlights, instead of retro fitting the hids?

They reason why I'm asking this is im grabbing a pair and since our car is wired /w stock HID... i was hoping to unplug the hid and just running the h1 bulb for the low beam.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
that would be about the silliest thing you could do ... projector swapping takes 5 minutes- literally.
it's like being penny wise but pound (£) foolish... trust me, i have plenty of experience with these lights.

That being said, there's no plug to power the H1, there's only a plug to power the ballasts.

plus you loose your HID's and the beautiful bright white light and the great job they do at lighting up the road; the tsx has some of the best D2S projectors out there...

btw, mind if i ask where you are getting them from?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
firstsx is right about the connection. We have a connection to the ballast so you'll have to find a connection to the H1, which I don't even know where to start.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it from a friend in the UK used from his accord euro 2.2. The thing is I don't want to drill a hole or modify it. Leave it as is. Oh well. I'll see when I get it.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
I got it from a friend in the UK used from his accord euro 2.2. The thing is I don't want to drill a hole or modify it. Leave it as is. Oh well. I'll see when I get it.
you don't have to do any of those things. you open the cap, unscrew the H1, take it out, put in the D2S, screw it. close the cap.
done.

the only thing you have to modify is ... making a hole for the ballast, but there is already a stencil for where you have to cut, which takes another 5 minutes to do and the ballasts will fit snugly in place.

first time i did it, took me an hour or so because i was being extra careful... but now i convert the lights in less than 10 minutes.

if you buy my lights, everything comes already done :) lol but PM me if you have any trouble and i'll send you the DIY i send to people who buy lights from me and modify them, themselves

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.