Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got new alternator installed, car is even worse now than before, it loses all electrical and now even the engine stalls, printed out electrical manual, going to tear this i$h down and go through every ground and every fuse, if i cant figure out what is causing it and if the dealer dont fix it then its bye bye TSX cuz im tired of this BS

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pulled all 3 grounds, cleaned frame connection points sanded to make sure they are flat , sanded connectors ( on wire end ) till they were nice and shiny, cleaned all wires with "wire dryer" spray, let them dry out, apllied dielectric grease to connection spots to ensure proper contact is made, drove less than half mile car electronics died out, car stalled, kicked back on, drove few hundred feet, same $hit, car electronics died out. I am taking this back to the dealer 2 more times, if they cant fix it i am lawyering up and claming lemon law and going to sue them for all my money back if i have to.

·
Bardi
1,346 Posts
This sucks! No after market alarm, but you have some sort of stereo harness installed, right? If you have an alarm you might want to go through every connection. Most places dont solder wires from an alarm into your factory harness.

Here is what you should go over. Any CEL's? What is the voltage reading when the car is running? Get a volt meater and measure the battery. You should see over 14V.
Does the car die at normal idle speed or does it dip under 500 rpm then die?
Do your light dim before car stalls?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bardi, thanks for the input, everything is back to stock i pulled my aftermarket head unit after the dealer tried blaming the electrical problem on it, only electrical aftermarket thing thats in the car right now is the alpine 6x9's in the rear which i really dont think would have any negative effect on the car what so ever especially since the radio isnt even on when this stuff happens, i have no aftermarket alarm everything is bone stock other than mechanical parts like your shifter and hybrid shifter bushings, the RPMs dont drop at all, if im driving all electrican just goes "poof gone" then like literally a half second later everything kicks back on or the car just dies out completly ( car dying started after the new alternator before it was just electrical dying ) i am not getting any CEL's at all, my buddy told me to pop the hood and i was signaling him when the VSA ABS AirBag light would blink on the dash, he said the AC Compressor was engaging when i was signaling him, he thinks when the compressor kicks on it robs the system of the power somewhere, one of the first problems i used my warranty on was AC related and the dealer fixed it ( they found a leak in one of the hoses ). this is driving me insane, i cleaned and checked all the grounds, used dielectric grease on all ground contacts, cleaned battery terminals, i took out my aftermarket stereo, i have a new acura oem alternator, and its still shorting out somewhere i am bringing it to the dealer tomorrow and i will leave them a list of all the components listed in posts related to this topic, i made a list of everything including fuses 18 and 21 under dash ( vthree mentioned those in the other post ) , corroded negative battery terminal, corroded grounds, corroded harness connectors, pulley bearings etc etc, everything that was mentioned in posts where guys were having issues similar to mine in any way, im going to mention the ac thing, and im even going to mention the condensation in my headlight ( which was replaced once already under warranty and is less than a year old ) I am just simply fed up with this issue, seems like nothing is working, if they cant fix it then i am just going to get all my parts out of the car and tell them to give me my money back cuz i cant be driving a car that just randomly dies on me whenever it feels like it, today the car stalled out on me while i was driving and it felt like a hit a damn wall cuz it happened as soon as i hit the gas ( kinda felt like when you hit your rev limiter or when you miss shift dont know how to explain it ) Im going to be super pissed off if i have to return this car :( ...

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
:( This sounds like a nightmare, would hate to drive a car with these conditions. I say demand they take it back until they find the issue. They might have a tech drive it until it happens to them. Could it be a faulty ECU? I remember my uncle messed up his Toyota pickup ECU once and it had similar issues.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,363 Posts
i know you said you put in a new alt recently, have you tested the new one to make sure its kosher?

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
I second the ECU - have you ever seen or smelled "steam" or smoke from the area under your center console? Its in an area that can get really wet if the heater core leaks or if you have a leak behind the windshield at the bottom middle. It's happened (on this forum or the other one) before.

Also, check all main fuses and the fuseable link(s) in both interior and under-hood boxes. Even if they look ok, they might be loose. I had a large fuseable link on my hot tub circuit board that controlled the 240V heater. It was fine - link not broken - but the clip holding it in place on one end was loose, probably due to hot/cold cycling from a cold spell we had during that week. I bent the clips back in, popped the link back in place, and the hot tub worked like a charm after that. It was acting erratic and very strange before that, because I think it kept cutting out during self-diagnostics. Stranger shit has happened, so its worth a look.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
Beat the snot outta that Sh!tvic until you get your car back. ;)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beat the snot outta that Sh!tvic until you get your car back. ;)
LMFAO its the one with econo button, it has no $hit to beat out of it lol,,,,,,, sooooooo sloooooooowwwwwwwww i felt like a grampa driving it and since my folks are on a cruse till saturday ive been using my step pops 2010 Mercedes C300 lol, its automatic and i feel uber weird driving it but hey it sure beats the slovic :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I joined this forum hoping to solve the EXACT same issue with the 04 M6 I bought last weekend. I checked EVERYTHING. Or so I thought...

Tonight I popped the cover off the fuse box, which I've done a dozen times. But I realized I'd never bothered to check the terminals where the battery cables entered the fuse box. They were loose. Not even finger tight. I don't know how current was getting to the box at all. Snugged the screws down and I'm problem free.

I was pissed when I realized I'd wasted so much time when it was a simple fix, but it's a HUGE relief. Check yours really quick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts