Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 CL7 i was a few feet from my home when i notice the power steering light comes on my dash board, and the steering becomes difficult to steer, the following morning i started the car to take it to the mechanic when everything seems to be back to normal. power steering light came off and steering free again.can some one tell me what happen there?
Also i notice that when i drive and apply my brakes the car pull to the right upon investigation there is no brake fluid come from the abs module for that particular wheel can some one tell me what is happening there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 2006 CL7 i was a few feet from my home when i notice the power steering light comes on my dash board, and the steering becomes difficult to steer, the following morning i started the car to take it to the mechanic when everything seems to be back to normal. power steering light came off and steering free again.can some one tell me what happen there?
Also i notice that when i drive and apply my brakes the car pull to the right upon investigation there is no brake fluid come from the abs module for that particular wheel can some one tell me what is happening there.
I am sorry i should say there is no brake fluid coming from the abs module for the left front wheel after investigation.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Your module is probably failing. Condensation likes to accumulate around the power steering module and it slowly shorts it over time. Had the same problem with my CU2.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My mechanic hooked up his tablet on the vehicle and the fault was pointing to the module and the the motor on the rack and pinion,mechanic was saying possibility of condensation built up in the motor housing need to pull down and service.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My mechanic hooked up his tablet on the vehicle and the fault was pointing to the module and the the motor on the rack and pinion,mechanic was saying possibility of condensation built up in the motor housing need to pull down and service.
The condensation usually accumulates at the connector. Mine got a bit corroded but I cleaned it up and had no problems after. Perhaps you'll be as lucky.

·
Registered
2008 auto TSX CGP
555 Posts
Sounds like a weak link in the power steering system. Is there maintenance that can be performed to prevent this from happening in the future? Like applying sealant to the connector?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I believe the only known fix is to simply replace the module and use preventative measures moving forward.

With my '09, the issue was only apparent in bitter cold temperatures, like below -20C. Even in those conditions, it only happened about 25% of the time. I'd let the car warm up for a few minutes, use the windows tech support method, and it'd work perfectly. Just got annoying enough that I needed to do something. By that point, the weather was warmer and we had maybe 2 cold days after the "fix", so I suppose I can't actually guarantee that what I did was effective. Given the total PITA that it was, I'd like to think so, but I don't own the car anymore, so who cares?

·
-
1,763 Posts
Electric power steering in a 2006 CL7? Is that a European or JDM difference?

The OP's profile says USA. The 2004-08 CL9 TSX's sure don't have electric power steering...

·
Registered
12 Posts
FYI, for newer cars, Honda has extended the warranty on the electric power steering control unit to 15 years from the original date of purchase with no milage limit.
If you previously paid to have the power steering control unit replaced, you may be eligible for reimbursement.
Letter from Honda dated August 2019.
American Honda Customer Support and Campaign Center (888) 234-2138.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the info
I remove the rack and got it service the motor has a bit of moisture inside the Housing it was clean all electrical par e s were cleaned and checked,it was reinstalled and OMG the power steering light disappeared from the dashboard and steering soft again however a few Housing later while driving it came back on and steering became tough.Whats next to check which direction do I go now

·
Registered
12 Posts
FYI, for newer cars, Honda has extended the warranty on the electric power steering control unit to 15 years from the original date of purchase with no milage limit.
If you previously paid to have the power steering control unit replaced, you may be eligible for reimbursement.
Letter from Honda dated August 2019.
American Honda Customer Support and Campaign Center (888) 234-2138.
UPDATE! After re-reading the letter, it appears that the extended coverage applies to the 2011-2014 TSX as well as 2012-2014 TL.
Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts