Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to these forums so sorry if this question has already been asked. I have a 08 tsx, and I've been dealing with battery drainage for the past couple days. I had to jump start it 3 times yesterday and today it started up but it was kinda slow. Everything is stock except for the speakers. I have 2 12" subs in the back on a stock deck. I took it to a garage and they said it was an electrical problem due to the way it was wired. Is anybody else dealing with this or dealt with it? Was it the battery issue , alternator , or should I get a capacitor? I have an appt with the dealer next week but I have work today lol and I can't wait. Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
If they didn't elaborate in the issue and just left you with "electrical problem", I'd get a second opinion.

I'm not sure who did your install, by I've seen amplifier installs where they were not remote powered through a key-on sequence and this would always drain the bat. If the remote power wire is either directly connected to the battery on through any always-on fuse, you just need to relocate it to a key-on fuse, such as the wipers for example.

For your sake, I really hope its something that simple if it really is an"electrical problem". Either way, report back with any new info :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts