Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen/swapped electronic power steering on a TSX that originally has hydraulic? If so what parts were used and how was the swap and how did it perform. Any info or redirection would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand its kind of a ehhhh mod but after driving a 2013 rdx with eps it's amazing how much smoother the steering is. It also keeps the motor from bogging at idle or low speeds. I understand you lose "feel" when changing but it's not something that would bother me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
325 Posts
You can't use any of Honda's EPS systems with the LHD CL9, including that from the CU2 TSX. You must use the hydraulic rack.

You can use a 2nd gen MR2 electric pump for a custom setup, removing all engine-driven components from the system. I'd advise against using the more commonly used 1st gen MR2 pump; much higher current requirements and worse/harder to service motors in the pumps.

The 2nd gen pump also has provisions for speed signal input, reducing pump speed.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Im pretty sure the EPS from the CL7 is a direct swap. I cant say for sure but the subframes are not different.
RHD rack + LHD vehicle = :dr:

Good luck actually sourcing a LHD CL7 EPS steering unit; im not 100% positive it even exists. I know the ABA-CL7 Euro-R's have EPS, but I don't think the DBA-CL7's base 2.0's do. As far as I've seen/been able to find information on, there aren't any true LHD Euro-R CL7's, just conversions like Malkolm's.

I could be wrong though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm it's starting to sound like more trouble than what it's worth. It sure would be nice though.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
RHD rack + LHD vehicle = :dr:

Good luck actually sourcing a LHD CL7 EPS steering unit; im not 100% positive it even exists. I know the ABA-CL7 Euro-R's have EPS, but I don't think the DBA-CL7's base 2.0's do. As far as I've seen/been able to find information on, there aren't any true LHD Euro-R CL7's, just conversions like Malkolm's.

I could be wrong though :thumbsup:
Ah crap, I didnt even think about that part :/ I believe you are correct.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Aren't the Euro-R from Europe Left hand drive or do these cars come with the k24a3 and just badges Euro-R?
The LHD's outside of North America are either a:
2.0 Base with a K20A3-equivalent, with hydraulic rack
2.4 Type-S (or equivalent) with a K24A3 (K24A2), with hydraulic rack
2.4 diesel, hydraulic rack
2.4 AWD Station wagon, also with a hydraulic rack from what little information I've been able to source

Any LHD "Euro-R" is a hydraulic-equipped base 2.0 or 2.4 with Euro-R parts swapped onto it, like our TSX's rocking Euro-R goodies.

The MR2 conversion is very straightforward and easy. The only reason I haven't done it on mine yet is a combination of being busy and lazy :lol:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good info. I just found a few instances where people used the mr2 pump. Both didn't say much about how it performed.

But from the two that I read it doesn't matter wether its LHD or RHD. You just have to have a electric hydraulic pump and a good way to mount it.

Hey Adam, have you had any thoughts on placement or how you would mount it?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Have you driven a 06+ Si? I hated the steering, and overall loss of feel (for what the wheels/tires were doing w/the road surface). Far better feedback with the TSX hydraulic p/s system. To each their own, i suppose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.