Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference in the engine?

Do you know what is making the hp difference?

Is there a Engine management system for the your engine?

Thanks

gio

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
gio:

The difference in the engine includes a different redline(TSX 7100 Accord/Element 6500) probably from slightly better balancing. Higher compression ratio(TSX 10.5 Accord 9.7), which means premium fuel instead of regular. Also a different ECU fuel/air curve.

The HP measurement is mainly the higher RPM since HP is a derivative of TQ and RPM's. The higher compression ratio and premium fuel give it the extra 5ft/lbs or TQ.

Hope this answers your question

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^Yeah what he said.

03Accord,

I suppose you have the k24 accord also and probably the same reason why I am here.

So if what you are saying is correct, it means that all I have to do is tinker with the ECU (I doubt Hondata will have anything available), upgrade the fuel grade, etc. to match the numbers of the TSX?

or Is there any mechanical parts such as throttle bodies, cams, spring valves, etc. that will have to be replaced/upgraded to achieve the TSX performance?

I know, I have lots of questions but this engine is so new and no one has any info yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Milleneon said:
^^^Yeah what he said.

or Is there any mechanical parts such as throttle bodies, cams, spring valves, etc. that will have to be replaced/upgraded to achieve the TSX performance?

Dude, he mentioned Higher compression ratio. That's one huge piece of the puzzle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
onew more thing i dont know if i was told the correct info but the accord only has intake vtec like the civic si....ur wasting your time trying to get TSX power from an accord....just trade the car in and get a TSX

·
Registered
5 Posts
The iVTEC in the Accord, CRV, Element, RSX, and Civic Si all have 2 rocker VTEC while the RSX-S and TSX have 3 rocker VTEC.
One difference is that 2 rocker VTEC only has VTEC on the intake cam. On the 2 rocker system, before the VTEC kicks in the engine is basically a 12 valve engine, one intake valve and two exhaust valves are functioning per cylinder. This makes a swirl effect in the combustion chamber and increases low end torque. Once VTEC kicks in it becomes a 16 valve engine, and it kicks in at a pretty low RPM, like approx 2400rpm or so (that is NOT an exact number, I'm not sure what the exact preset is)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.