Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the best springs to eliminate the wheel gap. I don't want to have a huge gap between the wheel and my fender, and I don't want any rubbing at any speed if possible. I did some research and narrowed it down to an Ingalls Rear Camber Kit and the following chioces:

Eibach Pro-kit= Slight drop. But enough?
Eibach Sportline= More than Pro-kit, But too much?
Tein Stech= Most compatible with OEM Struts, decent drop.

* I am aware that the struts will go earlier with aftermarket springs than not having springs. My daily driving is modest and I never push my car too much. Not too many potholes around here either. *

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I think the majority of the people here would say go for the Buddy Club N+ coilovers if you're ok with coilovers.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MSRP on Buddy Club N+ is more than $1,000. Thats not really in my price range lol...

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
I would buy Tein over Eibach any day of the week.
I would also save for coilovers and not ruin my stock suspension and
end up just costing myself even more money down the road.

·
5,412 Posts
I would buy Tein over Eibach any day of the week.
I would also save for coilovers and not ruin my stock suspension and
end up just costing myself even more money down the road.
:werd:

you could probably get N+ for about $950 shipped and taxed

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well $950 is still outta reach. I'm leaning towards the Tein Stech. When the struts do blow however, how screwed are you if you're driving on the highway for example?

·
2,608 Posts
Well $950 is still outta reach. I'm leaning towards the Tein Stech. When the struts do blow however, how screwed are you if you're driving on the highway for example?
It depends on how you drive and what kind of roads you drive on, I think you can still drive with blown struts but you'll have shit ride quality haha

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, anyone else have a setup I'm looking for or something close to it?

·
5,412 Posts
Thanks, anyone else have a setup I'm looking for or something close to it?
what EXACTLY are you looking for? Like what's your budget and how many inches do you want to drop?

I'm saving up for N+ myself because they are adjustable, fairly priced, and has great reviews.

IMHO, I think you are better off saving up for some quality coilovers or to leave it stock. Lets say you buy some springs only and your shocks go. you'll be spending equally, if not more than getting the N+. This has been said time and time again. I know where you're coming from though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tein Basics are probably out of the question due to the budget.

My budget? Well, I'd say $400 to $500. I'd say around 1 and half inches, but as you know I just want the wheel gap virtually eliminated (1 finger gap I believe?)

·
Not JDM
1,893 Posts
MSRP on Buddy Club N+ is more than $1,000. Thats not really in my price range lol...
i got mines from a website for 850

just keep saving tsx-kid...

patience is everything...
or, just keep saving. You have to work hard for what you want these days. if you are going to go, Go HARD or Go HOME!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can someone explain the theory that using a spring kit designed for your car and OEM struts will cause them to "blow out" prematurely?:donno:

·
Not A MOD3RATOR
4,329 Posts
Can someone explain the theory that using a spring kit designed for your car and OEM struts will cause them to "blow out" prematurely?:donno:
Can you tell me HOW can you design a lowering spring w/ stiffer spring rate to accommodate the OEM struts when it's long and soft?

In another words, by using aftermarket lowering spring + stock shocks, the shock will be press (not in full length) @ all time, when you hit a pothole or when it went thru a bump, the shock travel will be significantly less, which will eventually blow out the shock.

It's all marketing out there, digest their wording before believing it.

Unless you are willing to settle w/ a lowering spring which you can't see @ all, like a inch or less, or else do not risk it.

·
Not A MOD3RATOR
4,329 Posts
Can you tell me HOW can you design a shorter spring w/ stiffer spring rate to accommodate the OEM struts when it's long and soft?

In another words, by using aftermarket lowering spring + stock shocks, the shock will be press (not in full length) @ all time, when you hit a pothole or when it went thru a bump, the shock travel will be significantly less, which will eventually blow out the shock.

Unless you are willing to settle w/ a lowering spring which you can't see @ all, like a inch or less, or else do not risk it. Pair a aftermarket lowering spring + aftermarket sport shocks (shorter than stock) will bring good comfortable result than coilover; if you want sportiness coilover is the way to go with adjustability.

·
homie don't play that
587 Posts
shocks are made to have some pressure inside. but once you drop it more than stock the air pressure inside is just too much since the piston inside the shocks are compressing the air into a small space.

it won't blow right away...i mean the shocks will last a long time it's just you'll be spending more money in the end for new shocks(300+).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can you tell me HOW can you design a lowering spring w/ stiffer spring rate to accommodate the OEM struts when it's long and soft?

Unless you are willing to settle w/ a lowering spring which you can't see @ all, like a inch or less, or else do not risk it.
Ok, I am not an engineer and I am not trying to start a pissing contest, but I do know the strut is compressed with the OEM spring on it. That is why you need to use a spring compressor to remove it. The only thing that a lowering spring will alter on the OEM strut is the travel of the strut. I do not see how that would result in premature wear.

I have known several people that have had lowering springs from Eibach and Tein on their vehicles and have never had a strut "blow out".

If there is anyone on the forum who has actually experienced this please chime in.

·
homie don't play that
587 Posts
my stock shocks have blown on me in my integra. i had springs....and like i said it will take a long while for the shocks to get blown. but it's just in the long run where you will be spending money on new shocks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree that the struts will wear out, but they will also with the stock springs. Some say they need to be replaced at 60,000 miles. Also, there is no air in the strut or damper it is oil.

Don't the shocks in a coil-over system ever wear out? I just think that if you are not racing the vehicle, the coil over system is over kill. I have no reason to adjust my suspension.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts