Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stumbled upon a site dedicated to Acura's ELS Surround Sound system & thought that I would share:

ELS Surround In The Acura TSX Website

ELS Surround® Premium Audio System , From The Studio, To Your TSX

Available as part of the Technology Package in the Acura TSX, the 10 Speaker Acura/ELS Surround Premium Audio System delivers exceptional sound quality from all sources​

The Acura/ELS Surround Premium Audio System, takes its name from system collaborator and multi-Grammy® Award winning producer/engineer Elliot "ELS" Scheiner. Having been personally tuned by Elliot Scheiner, the sound is delivered through 10 optimally–placed speakers that surround the driver and passengers with “studio-quality” sound designed to please even the most discerning listeners.

Additionally, the Acura/ELS Surround Premium Audio System in the Acura TSX provides specific equalization settings to deliver an exceptional audio experience from all audio sources, including AM/FM and XM Satellite radio, CD and portable MP3 players such as an iPod.

Scheiner comments, speaking from experience: "The goal of the ELS Surround system in the Acura TSX is to reproduce studio quality sound in the vehicle. It's easy for me to make that comparison. I listened to some of my recent projects, such as the Eagles’ Long Road Out of Eden and Nirvana’s remixed Unplugged in New York, when we were tuning the system for the TSX. It's amazingly true to what I hear in the studio."

The Acura/ELS Surround Premium Audio System is designed to integrate perfectly into the TSX’s performance-oriented driving environment.

ELS Surround Premium Audio System Highlights

10 speaker system configuration using Neodymium magnetic circuits

* 4cm soft dome tweeters which reproduce a wide frequency range and low distortion.
* 8cm center speaker with polypropylene cone with micro-cell foam edge.
* 17cm front and rear door speakers featuring extremely light-weight designs.
* 17cm rear surround speakers with dual thickness cone with micro-cell foam edge.
* 20cm Subwoofer with patented SLDD design.
* 415 Watts of system amplification
* Multi-channel DSP power amplifier with 96kHz, 24-bit performance and adjustable equalization to optimize each individual music source.
* Speed dependent volume control.
* PWM subwoofer amplifier.​
Featured as a key component of the optional TSX Technology Package, the Acura/ELS Surround Premium Audio System is also available in the Acura TL sedan, the Acura MDX performance luxury SUV and the Acura RDX crossover SUV.

Acura, Acura TL, RDX MDX and TSX are trademarks of Honda Motor Co., Ltd.; GRAMMY is the trademark of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, Inc.; and iPod is the registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
only if they dont blow as much as ppl said.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts