Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

This is an FYI for those who are interested in installing a high-flow CAT such as FLP or RT. A follow-up thread to: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/canada-east/36633-high-flow-cat-2.html

Now, unless you have easy access to reinstalling your OEM cat (thanks Sun!), this is what your testing will look like (at Canadian Tire):

WITH FLP high-flow CAT

WITH OEM CAT

Now, this goes without saying, your results may vary if you use a bottle of those "Guaranteed to pass" additives, and run your CAT really really hot (high-RPM for at least 5-10 minutes) and then immediately throw it on the testing facility dyno.

Most people told me that if you fail just the NO ppm rating, it's usually your EGR, which is false in this case, because the high-flow CAT also increased the CO% and NC rating, but not to the point of failure.

I really do miss my FLP, car feels much more sluggish, and laggy... :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
twopointfivebar, in realistic city driving with the oem cat, don't you feel you get ALOT more low end torque?(compare with high-flow cat)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
twopointfivebar, in realistic city driving with the oem cat, don't you feel you get ALOT more low end torque?(compare with high-flow cat)
Total opposite. I feel a loss across the entire band, especially down low.

·
Registered
186 Posts
ah

with the stock scissirs jack, you can't really change the cat your self because of the limit clearance

even with a 2-ton hydraulic jack, it's still pita to get those (six rusted spring-bolts) off I guess....,, I might be wrong & I haven't tried yet

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
six or five?
Are we talking bolts? 6 in total. 3 each side. You need a acetylene/oxygen torch to get them off... propane/air torch ain't gonna get you no where.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Woooah~ It's a trade off with FLP Cat but I do enjoy it now for a period of 2 years trouble free lol~ By the way that OBD reader sells for 70-80 bucks now ><

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woooah~ It's a trade off with FLP Cat but I do enjoy it now for a period of 2 years trouble free lol~ By the way that OBD reader sells for 70-80 bucks now ><
I'm glad you're enjoying the performance benefits! :)

70-80 bucks too much... I paid $38+ taxes for it. It should go on sale again, it usually does. Check out eBay.

Did you blow a CEL yet?

·
Registered
114 Posts
so far so good~no CEL whatsoever~

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I had the same experience when I did my Drive Clean test with my RT cat. I'm waiting to see the test results on a 06+ stock cat.

·
Registered
92 Posts
if you do a two speed idle test it wont measure NOX and thats how easyly you can pass your car with out taking out your high flow cat.

·
Registered
227 Posts
unless its a AWD vehicle or the traction control can not be turned off, the vehicle has to under go a asm25/25 test and not the tsi test,

·
Registered
38 Posts
anyone got a printout for the 2006 oem cat? it is supposedly much less restrictive than the 2004, very curious if the printout supports that with higher readings

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
With the new updated DriveClean test, no more swapping back to stock cat! Just passed mine. They only hook up to the OBD port (no more exhaust sniffer). So as long as you have no CELs, you're good to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts