1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Jeff
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Hate to say it, but torn boot = replace. Once dirt get the joints...it is all over.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
If you can adjust either of the balljoints (aka move the direction of the bolts on either end) then you need to replace it.

My car, the clunk was so faint and happened in frequently...jacked car up disconnected endlink from front sway bar and could use my thumb to adjust the orientation of the ball joint with minimal force...

got the new one and it took a bit of effort to move them so it would align with the hole for the swaybar. Thats when I knew the oem ones were shot.

Since theyre off, might as well replace them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
When replacing, don't bother with the overpriced Acura ones, with their failure-prone hex socket design to hold the ball joint from turning. Those suck, and almost always strip. Replacement ones from Moog (Amazon.com) are a better, cheaper, and more well-designed choice.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
moog are the ones you want

rockauto . com has the best prices

·
Triple Rollover Survivor
156 Posts
moog are the ones you want

rockauto . com has the best prices
^^This. MOOG Problem Solvers. They come with grease fittings and are a great pairing for a rear sway, if you don't have a beefier one already. Simple install--unless you're from the midwest and have to cut your links off, like myself.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
Moog links are pretty much the beefiest available at that price.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
Adjustable links that are race only... they don't have sealed joints... so they're not DD friendly. But yes, they're "beefier"... lol

·
Triple Rollover Survivor
156 Posts
installed fronts n rears after coilovers install...never going with acura ones again...darn acura endlinks were a P.I.T.A to take off with all the stripped nuts

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
While I agree on not using OE again (they're skinny as all getout), there isn't a link on the planet that doesn't merge with the rest of one's suspension after a couple winters with salt and actual nasty winter weather. I owe a buddy so many cutting wheels for the link jobs I've had to do after conditions like that. I just buy him beer... Lol

·
My car whines
637 Posts
I usually just slap on a bunch of grease on the threads of the endlinks as well as my coilovers and so far there hasn't been any hint of rust after a canadian winter

·
Triple Rollover Survivor
156 Posts
I usually just slap on a bunch of grease on the threads of the endlinks as well as my coilovers and so far there hasn't been any hint of rust after a canadian winter
Yeah, one winter looked good on my first set. I'm throwing new ones on in a couple months (winter prep, and all), and I'm hoping for a similar result.

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
I changed my rear endlinks to MOOG units last night... geez those things are just about as thick as the sway bar itself (I have a TL unit as well). Awesome that they have jerk fitting so they can be regulary greased. Really heavy duty design... tremendous qlty

·
Registered
407 Posts
I changed my rear endlinks to MOOG units last night... geez those things are just about as thick as the sway bar itself (I have a TL unit as well). Awesome that they have jerk fitting so they can be regulary greased. Really heavy duty design... tremendous qlty
glad ur happy...my 6 month front moogs are already making clunking noises...wtf

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
yeah i left the fittings on there...grease them over again n still clunk clunk...too cold to check them out right now so ill wait

i would check it's not something else? lots of items can clunk on the front, even the sway bar bushings... if they're worn bad

·
Registered
407 Posts
maybe sometime during the weekend ill put the car on jack stands and jack up either wheel and see if its the end-links...almost positive it is, makes the same clunk sound when turning and going up drive ways, and reversing out, same symptoms when it had the busted oem ones

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.