Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.

Just hit 55k miles on my 2010 automatic. It seemed like it was making a little bit a noise and it was about 6k since my last oil change so I figured I would change it and see if it helped at all.

I put in 5-20w Penzoil Platinum filled it between the dots and started the car. Didnt seem to do anything to the sound so it wasnt low/old oil related.

But today I decided to open the hood and listen closer. It is much louder under the hood then in the driver seat. Driver seat isnt noticeable at all with music on but I constantly listen for sounds in my car so I began to notice it.

Video is on youtube here. TSX Sound - YouTube

Any ideas? I was thinking it was just belt related and the belt makes a scratchy type of sound. But there is the clickier sound coming from the opposite side of the belt.

Help!

Thanks all.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
When the camera panned to the belt, I heard what could possibly be a bad idler pulley bearing. My 06 makes a similar sound when the engine is cold, but usually goes away when warmed up.

Everything else sounds pretty normal,The ticking noise is your injectors,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. The car was not making this sound last time I opened the hood so I have to believe something is off.

Like others I also hear they high pitch whine on acceleration must of the time. I also feel like I have seen a lot more rpm drops when in manual shift mode. Others have said that could be a bad torque converter, could that be a possible issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.