Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi guys I've just got this error code after installing a RBC 50* cam gear in my 04 accord, not sure whats causing it atm = (

we removed the intake cam only why my brother held the chain on the exhaust cam and crank with a bunjee cord onto the hood from the chain and his hand on the exhaust cam, we did all the steps in this guide

.: K-Series News & Information :. - K-Series Camshaft Installation

a friend suggested taking the sensors out to check we haven't damaged them or they where blocked, they where covered in oil (i assume they do get covered in oil all the time while the engine is on) so i cleaned them off and re fit them still getting the code, I still have to re check TDC on the crank matches the cam gears but we are 99% sure its's right,

so after reading this it could be a stretched chain somehow =S
OR the tensioner has gone dodgy

Clear DTC (i tried this in flashpro manager keeps coming back)
Test drive between 19-38mph (what am i testing for)
Check for DTC
Do the VTC test via HDS (explain this one please)
Test VTC oil control solenoid valve (explain this one please)
Check camshaft timing (TDC or another kind of check ?)
Check for damage or stretch at the cam chain (best way to do this?)
Check the VTC actuator

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just brought home a 2005 TSX and seems that I have similar problems. Pulled codes P0300-P0304 plus P0341. Im hopeful as Im still pushing my TL at 375K and she runs so clean. Im torn between the stretched chain and the camshaft position sensor as well as just replacing the tensioner. Was so hard to start but saw post about oil consumption. Took a look and found black fluid half full. Before I change it I topped it off and boom, it fired right up. Huh??? Plan to chain oil after adding a some seafoam, checked all fuses, airl filter is super clean, and take a look at current plugs and coils. Hope for improvement. Build on the improvment with new chain tensioner and valve adjustments. I dont want to change the chain but love that suggestion to measure each link. I'd do something like that over a six pack. Holla. Oh yeah, Im open to any advice on parts and DIY recommendations.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts