Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done about 95000 km (57000 miles) in my 2003 Euro Accord. I've recently noticed it has lost lots of power and misfires (no backfire) slightly at times when I try and accelerate hard. It also takes longer to rev up under load than it used to and uses about 20% more fuel.

I've done a radiator flush, replaced the air filter, and done several tanks with fuel injector cleaner. None of these have fixed the problem. I was wondering if it due to the oxygen sensors (it has 2). Does anyone have any ideas what may be going wrong?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
get a code reader and take a look, its a good chance actually that its the Mass AirFlow sensor in the cat, mine went right around the same time (57k)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Check Engine light is not ON. I've had previous cars (For Laser and Honda Civic) where the O2 sensor was at fault and no Check Engine light. They produced Voltages in the correct range (0.3 - 0.7 V) but were slightly off the correct reading. Both went at about 100000 km. After replacing them, the problem went away.

The 2 x O2 sensors for the Euro are expensive, so I don't want to replace them unless they are faulty.

Thanks: I'll have a look at the Mass Airflow sensor in the cat.

I was going to look at the water temp sensor, but can't find it where the service manual says it should be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have almost the same issue except misfire. My check light is on which came up as h2o2 b1 s1 heater circuit where it makes the car to loose power and hesitates upon acceleration

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've done about 95000 km (57000 miles) in my 2003 Euro Accord. I've recently noticed it has lost lots of power and misfires (no backfire) slightly at times when I try and accelerate hard. It also takes longer to rev up under load than it used to and uses about 20% more fuel.

I've done a radiator flush, replaced the air filter, and done several tanks with fuel injector cleaner. None of these have fixed the problem. I was wondering if it due to the oxygen sensors (it has 2). Does anyone have any ideas what may be going wrong?
Have you changed the foot accelerator pedal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.