Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I push the gas after being stopped at a red light and the green light turns for me, my engine sometimes kicks. I do not what it is? Can it be the transmission or spark plugs? I have had my transmission flushed, drained and replaced at roughly 165000 miles. I am coming up t0 192200 miles. Do you think I am missing a spark plug?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi pcmichel,

Multiple things can cause it to "kick." With the amount of miles that you have, have you ever replaced your engine or transmission mounts? When they wear or tear they engine vibrates excessively at idle and can also kick on takeoff. It is hard to visually see these mounts when they fail but excessive vibration/movement of the engine is a good indicator. Something to consider...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the engine and transmission have been replaced. It is missing between 1st and 2nd gear. Have to get the transmission rebuilt after 193000 miles. Transmission has been flushed on scheduled and last flush was at 160,000 miles in 2019.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To my knowledge you're not supposed to flush acura transmissions, you're supposed to drain and refill a couple times until clean liquid is left. That's
what I've been told atleast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes the engine and transmission have been replaced. It is missing between 1st and 2nd gear. Have to get the transmission rebuilt after 193000 miles. Transmission has been flushed on scheduled and last flush was at 160,000 miles in 2019.
its your tranny mounts i had the same problem just replace them and your good to go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts