Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6MT 04 tsx 231,000 km.
I was just turning a corner so i pushed in the clutch, and the engine stalled out of nowhere. I lost power steering too so i barely made it around the corner. I tried starting it back up and it wouldnt turn over and the engine sounded like it was struggling alot. Finally after the fourth try the engine started back up and I went to the closest parking lot to diagnose the problem and as i was pulling up to the parking spot and with my foot fully on the clutch it stalled out again. After about 3 more tries i tried starting up the engine and it finally turned over and discovered a terrible ticking noise. Anyone know what the problem is?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Sorry, but this post pisses me off.

You ask for help without much detail on where you're hearing the ticking from. And then you solve it and just leave us all hanging.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sorry, but this post pisses me off.

You ask for help without much detail on where you're hearing the ticking from. And then you solve it and just leave us all hanging.
No one can help me with the problem, but the minute I post that its solved everyones all over me? If someone would have cared enough to reply, then maybe I would have cared enough to post how I solved it. Anyways It was the clutch engagement, the clutch wasn't fully disengaging. Turns out that when the car is idling in neutral it makes a weird ticking sound, still not sure where it was coming from, but the minute i put the clutch in the sound goes away. After adjusting the engagement, it does not make this ticking sound when idling in neutral. I was just thinking it was coming from the engine because of the recent problem. After driving it around after adjusting the clutch, the car drives fine, I am still not quite sure why it stalled out and went to such low RPMs when the clutch was in, but after making the adjustment this hasn't occured since *knock on wood*

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Nobody helped you because you didn't help them help you. You described a very vague problem. How would we know where the ticking was coming from? The engine? The transmission? Belt? Pulleys? Auto tensioner? What? That's like me asking the doctor what's wrong with me because I'm coughing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nobody helped you because you didn't help them help you. You described a very vague problem. How would we know where the ticking was coming from? The engine? The transmission? Belt? Pulleys? Auto tensioner? What? That's like me asking the doctor what's wrong with me because I'm coughing.
Sorry bout that just glad that its fixed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
People do care but they are not always available at your beck and call. Your post was up less than than 2.5 hours before you found out what was going on with your car. I know that your issue was of serious concern for you but sometimes you have to be patient on a forum.

Most of us are happy to help but we have to work and can not always be on here the moment you need help. If my issues are that urgent, I do the smart thing and go straight to a mechanic. Fortunately you were able to figure it out. I hope things work out for you and don't give up on us. Keep the faith!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts