Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO

anyone with a annoying engine vibration? (mostly at idle)
i can feel the whole front end/dash/steering wheel vibrating!!!!

mine occurs cold(real bad) and hot......gets better after a few hours driving.

note: car is a auto trans,if i pop it into neutral at a set of lights,this helps a very little bit(taking load off),

i have not yet pulled the plugs,but see another forum user re-gapped his as they were not gapped properly at the factory....claims car now runs smoother.

sure feels like a bad plug,vacuum leak or similar.

if anyone has same exerience or good detailed info,i would appreciate it.

odometer is just over 16,500 kms

thanks
CM :donno: :donno:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
yeah thats not right...Id get the car looked at...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
I think we can all feel the vibration. I can definitely feel it in the steering wheel
the question is how "bad" it is, at what intensity is it not normal.
I wish mine is smoother than it is but I don't think it is something wrong witht the car. :donno:

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
bringit to your daler, it's still covered by the warrenty

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
SAZABI said:
that is not normal. My car is "quiet" (no vibration no sound) like hell (when idle) even with exhaust and intake.
all that chemical is numbing your senses :eek:

;)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I agree, there should be no vibrations whatsoever. I don't report undue vibrations at idle even with all my modifications. I cann't see how a stock car would. Definitely have a dealership check it out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hmmm i have the same problem, every since i installed the dc headers and injen CAI, i can feel the vibration, it gets pretty annoying to the point where at every stop, i have to put it on neutral.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
engine vibration

HELLO

thanks for all the input.........

i hate taking it to the local dealer (only 2 around here).....they are not the
sharpest forks in the drawer,if you know what i mean.........LOL

will post a fix if and when that happens.

i was just curious as i am hearing more and more stories of the plugs not being properly gapped off the assembly line.

CM
(?)

:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a similar problem, my vibration is chronic though, meaning every 2-3 seconds the car will 'shudder' for half a second. Seems fine once its moving, but noticable when stopped with the car in D, N, or P.

·
Honda/AcuraTech本田修理&#2
49 Posts
any accient????
or impact around engine/sub frame area???
i had a exerience the exhaust pipe touching sub frame.....(customer vehcile)

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
had a similar problem took it to the dealer guy told me being that the dash is made out of plastic during winter time it will shrink causing the dash and steering wheel to creak or vibrate...so thats what they say ..who knows if its true or not?..

·
818TSX
231 Posts
Let me add my name to the list. Been a problem i have had for a while now and i am just not ready to face the music with my mechanic or the dealer. Have an 05 and a cf hood and when i come to a stop 75% of the time, i will see the hood bouncing and rattling. Extremely annoying and i can feel the vibration on the ground. I have to assume that this is a Tranny problem. No?

P.S. I used to have many mods for the 1st year but went backwords the last 2. Only thing under the hood at this point is my cusco bars and a injen sri

·
Shaka!
302 Posts
same thing for me but its only between 690 - 710 rpms. interesting. i think it may because of modding. maybe when we mod, we need to start thinking about what else may be affected, like say for example, if you add a CAI and headers, maybe new plugs are needed or re-gapped. I dont really know but mr car only vibrates when it hits those rpm's and i think that has to do with the Comptech header that i have. its like the CT headers vibrate at a certain rpm level just like certain instruments do when you hit a certain note. just a theory.

·
Shaka!
302 Posts
pizzaman555 said:
Mine has no engeine mods at all.
I understand but i was referring to more instantaneous recognition. Like if you notice the car is running perfectly smooth and then you install a mod and notice something different immediately. But I'm sure that modding isn't the reason behind a vibrating engine. there could be many things happening. the plugs might be one...you just have to understand what could be causeing it to vibrate and why. might be a tranny thing. i don't know. I notice a difference post-modding in the vibration of my engine. I really want it to not do that though

1 - 20 of 42 Posts