Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does any one have this problem?
When you put on drive (D) and come to completely stop (say, for the red), there is a bit vibration on the steering wheel (can't actually see, but you can feel from your hand).
I found this problem after the first oil change!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
im not sure about the tsx but the 4 cyl accord has a service bulletin out. it called an idle smoothing kit. take it to your local dealer and see if there is something like this that apply's. 1blue1.gif

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can hear a sound like a quick running clock...."da da da" from the tranny when it comes to a full stop. But no vib on the steering wheel

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
yea, I first noticed the noise and followed up with the vib.
anyway, i will bring it to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Klayut said:
When you put on drive (D) and come to completely stop (say, for the red), there is a bit vibration on the steering wheel (can't actually see, but you can feel from your hand).
Yeah my tsx has been doing that since day one. I took it to the dealer and they said it was normal, and that was about 20,000 miles ago so i guess it is ok. :donno:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
where u guys got those service bulletin i never got one .. ~ :donno:

·
Registered
147 Posts
My dealer said they all do it. Mine is 5AT, idle is worse with A/C on.
Actually mine was ok with header, then header broke and I put stock
manifold back on, and then put repaired header back on and this confirmed
that it was worse with header.

Anyway I pulled and gapped plugs and this helped, they needed it.
And then
installed an engine grounding kit and that helped alot. There is occasional
roughness with A/C running but not always and not as bad, before it was
always and always bad.

Klayut said:

·
Registered
42 Posts
mine does it too... the idling is a little rough in D...
so sometimes I put it in N and it smoothes out...
nothing to worry about...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Yeah, my idle actually got worse in D after I installed the headers, for the TSX im not really sure what you can do with all the Drivebywire systems and such in place,

back in the day people would usually just re-adjust the idle to be slightly higher (rpms) and that balances it out, like Jprovostla said by shifting into nutral it becomes smoother, N is @ a different RPM then D.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
?!?!

I dont raelly have this problem. I didnt encounter any steering wheel vibrations at all.
Though my car does have a bit of a vibration due to the headers, but there's no excessive rattle which bothers me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I reported this as well when I picked up my car last week. It was in for service yesterday (to add accessories) and the paperwork came back saying it was normal, not excessive. I never had this issue in my Honda Accord or precious 2 Acura's, but then I wasn't impressed with any of the service departments responses to any of my inquiries. Maybe I am expecting too much from them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts