Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen a set of Enkei wheels with the SBC ("special brilliant coating") finish up close? Is it similar to the finish on the "silver sparkle" A-Spec wheels? Are they cheap looking? Or do they have a quality look?

I'm debating a few different wheels, and although I'm heavily leaning towards some black or gunmetal wheels w/ polished lips, I am curious about some lightweight Enkei RP03's. I'm not trying to go for a chrome look (which the SBC coating is supposed to replicate w/o the extra weight that real chrome adds), but do want to know what my options are...

Cheers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As far as I know it's a brilliant silver paint that looks just like chrome. It's usually not as smooth and you don't get the mirror finish you get with chrome, but it's cheaper. I'm not familiar with Enkei's, but I am with ADR's HMC silver which is the same thing. I've learned to stay away from it because the ADRs always peel in HMC. Enkei is a much better brand though and is most likely a better paint. I have Enkei LM5 18s in chrome on my TSX and love them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts