Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just bought a 2009 TSX w/nav CPO yesterday. Loving it so far. Anyway, I cannot stand the 17" stock wheels on it now so I want to replace them, but I want them to be OEM. I did the whole ricer thing back in the day (don't mean that pejoratively, do people still call them ricers?) with a honda del sol, but I just want this car to look clean and stock but with larger rims.

I am looking at these:

18" EPZ-AR5 Alloy Wheel Ebony Finish 2009 - 2012 Acura TSX, Acura Parts Super Store- Acura Accessories and Parts for sale online for a discount.

Any idea if slapping these on would void the CPO warranty?

Any pics of this on an actual TSX?

What do I need to know about the sensors? Can I use the old stock ones or do I need to purchase new ones?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
1. Google magnuson moss warranty act. To keep the answer short, no it won't. (even more so because the part you are buying is an OEM part.
3. Old sensors can be reused as far as I know, worst case scenario it would need to be re calibrated. I would recommend just buying a new set and having those calibrated.

Side note: LOL at ricer thing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Changing rims will not void it unless a rim falls off cause it was installed wrong. At most they can void the sensor warranty for being moved but your dealer has to be a real jerk to do that. Just remember the law, it is on THEM to prove your modification was the cause of the failure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha, thanks for the advice, guys. Like I said, I don't mean to knock ricers, I loved tweaking my del sol (which I believe came with 14" wheels stock...blech) when I was a youngin, but 13 years later, I'm 30 y.o. professional who just wants his car to look a little bit different than all the other TSX's in chicago. Tint and wheels are going to do it for me.

But the real question is - where can I get these cheaper?! Or do you guys have any other OEM suggestions for 18 - 19 inch rims?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
They also heavy as hell!!
Why not.go w something more light weight?

What part of Chicago? Im planning a meet soon. . .check out the regional section!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts