Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experiences with erratic idle? My TSX has an erratic idle - definitely noticeable both in vibration and on the tach. The tach bounces around a bit instead of staying steady at 800rpm (or whatever the normal is).

However, at other times, the idle is rock solid. I am seemingly able to coax it into a solid idle by giving the engine a good hard run. :)

Anyone have any similar experiences? I thought it might go away after breakin, but at 2700km it's still there. :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I've never noticed anything like that, in fact my TSX has the best idle of any car I've ever had, which include a BMW 320i, Legend, and TL-S.
(And a '69 Chevy Nova.) :D

Never even noticed it when the car was cold (which it was a lot this past winter) or with the A/C. But I'll look for it.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get it even when the car is fully warmed up and the A/C is off. The TSX is so inherently smooth that you probably have to look for it to notice it.

Even if you can't feel it, you'd be able to see it on the tach - you can see it gently bouncing around.

I have a 90 Integra, and although the engine vibrates at idle due to worn engine mounts, the idle itself is rock solid at 750rpm.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Perhaps dirty fuel injectors or a vacuum leak. Check all hoses going to the engien for tightness. Add a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the gas when the tank is about 2/3 empty. Any brand that's on sale will do. Refill when tank is nearly empty. If you see improvement repeat with 1/2 tank gas. If it does not go away time to call a pro.

BTW I do fuel injector treatment as a routine maintenance every 5000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts