Some time ago (in July) I had a weird problem which I later resolved, as below.
I have disconnected the navi screen and cd changer, drove a few Km's and after that when I start the engine, the mark "/!\" stays on. Even after I drive, the VSA light stays on.
There is no dealer I can go for service and no scanner available in a the 3000 square Km area. ;(
I jumped 9 and 4 pins. ABS blinks error 84 - "VSA sensor neutral position memorization".
Checked in the manual:
Big letters say: do not press the brake pedal.
I left the pins jumped (connected), turned the key, ABS light was off, I pressed "vsa off", then ABS light was on, again I pressed the "vsa off" button and nothhig happened... ABS began to blink error 84 again.
I tried to jump pin 9 with just ground, but nothing changed...
But few days ago I have fixed the problem myself without Dealer Scanner!
First of all you need to clear ABS errors (that is the main problem why i have failed earlier).
1) Jump pins 4 and 9.
2) Press and hold the brake pedal and switch on the ignition.
3) Wait for the ABS light to turn off and then remove your foot from the brake pedal.
4) Wait for the ABS light to turn on, then press and hold the brake pedal again.
5) ABS light should turn off, then remove your foot from the brake pedal.
6) Wait for two flashes of ABS light. If it flashes it means that errors are erased.
Check the errors (with the pins jumped) - just turn the ignition on, if ABS light does not flash, no errors are in memory.
Now the main part.
VSA neutral position setting
Do not touch the brake pedal anymore.
1) Jump pin 9 to chassis ground (I have used a bolt on a door hinge).
2) Turn the ignition on, after ABS light turns off, quickly press the "VSA off" button.
3) After ABS light turns on again, quickly press the "VSA off" button.
4) Now shoud be a lot of different blinks and fashes and all lights ABS, VSA and triangle should turn off. The problem's solved.
5) Open the beer bottle!
Really I'm not sure what was the real problem of the VSA error but I have some thoughts on this situation.
After I disconnected the navi+cd changer (HVAC if i remember correctly), I left the car for a while. Then after some time I have started the engine without HVAC unit and there was a triangle light. After I drove the car, the VSA light turned on. Maybe HVAC (navy+audio unit) disconnection is just a coincidence. Because few weeks before I had a problem with 1 tire. I hit the front wheel on a turn. I've driven a few km on a low tire (I just missed that part). After I changed to a spare wheel, I have driven to a garage. I am not sure if i pressed "VSA OFF" button, but for sure when I have driven to a garage VSA or triangle lights were not turned on. After this event i have changed four wheels but not tires and have driven about 100-150 km's also. I found that toe-in is lost, I went to a mechanic who fixed it, and after some time I disconnected HVAC unit.... After I have seen a triangle, I have tried to clear errors by removing battery but it did not help, after this I checked the manual, but there was info only about scanner ;(