Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at the Geneva Auto show link and somehow found myself at the Honda website for Switzerland. Anyway, after looking at the pix, it's all in Swiss or German, I noticed something on a rear end shot for the Accord.

It appears the left tailamp is dfferent from the right. If you look closely the place that normally would be the backup lens is red instead of clear. I remember reading somewhere that Europe has a rear fog lamp requirement. But somehow I always thought it needed to be a seperate lamp assembly? It seems some cars do have an individual lamp and others sacrafice one of the backup lamps.

Can someone from Europe, Switzerland or Australia confirm if this is the case? Also, are the rear fog lamps wired to turn on with the fronts?

Thanks

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well now I am confused, after looking at several more models there seems to be a lack of consistency.

Here is a Swiss Civic Type-R and you can clearly see a seperate rear fog lamp above the license plate.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But in this view for the Legend, there is no fog lamp showing either seperate or integrated? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, you are correct, that is the rear fog light. It appears only on one side.

According to my manual, the switch is combined with the factory front fog lights. There are 3 positions:
- off
- rear fog only
- front and rear fog

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheerful_ppl said:
Yes, you are correct, that is the rear fog light. It appears only on one side.

According to my manual, the switch is combined with the factory front fog lights. There are 3 positions:
- off
- rear fog only
- front and rear fog
Thanks for the info! Obviously, the law must require only one rear fog lamp?

·
Registered
11 Posts
hip said:
Thanks for the info! Obviously, the law must require only one rear fog lamp?
Here in The Netherland the law requires at least one rear fog lamp, but two is also allowed. I prefer only one because two can easily be mistaken for brake lights...

ssmtxs is right, that red thing on the Civic is the Honda logo, this red logo is used for the type-r models

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
465 Posts
To cut thru the fog when you're parking. :D

Seriously tho, it's probably so other drivers can see you thru semi-dense fog. Trying to cut down on rear-end collisions due to reduced visibility would be my guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts