Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda announced today that it will unveil a more powerful and sportier looking version of its Accord Euro at next month’s Geneva Motor Show. The car is the new Accord Euro ‘Type S’ and it is set to go on sale in Europe later this year in both Sedan and Tourer bodystyles.

The Type S is based on the 2.2L i-DTEC diesel-powered Accord Euro but features more power thanks to a revised turbocharger, cylinder head and larger intercooler. Final output will stand at 180hp (134kW) – 30hp (22kW) more than the standard model. Peak torque has also increased 22lb-ft (30Nm) to 280lb-ft (380Nm), which comes on at a relatively low 2000rpm.

To set apart the Type S from the standard fleet, the car will come with newly designed 18in alloy wheels, clear indicator covers, unique badging and two new exterior colors – White Pearl and Basque Red.

Performance, pricing, fuel economy and emissions data will be available closer to the vehicle’s launch planned for later this year.

·
Registered
676 Posts
wtf so 180 hp and 280 tq supercharged diesel? i dont get it
Me neither.

The Type S used to be the 2.4 petrol engine, and looked the same as the Euro R with the spoilers and rims.

The new Type S being a diesel kinda trashes the idea of having a milder brother of the Euro R.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Isn't that new engine supposed to be used in TSX diesel which is killed by Acura?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep

Isn't that new engine supposed to be used in TSX diesel which is killed by Acura?
Acura was supposed to get this engine but then rumors started that the automatic transmission version could not pass all 50 state's emissions test ... so they were going to fast track the v6. Honda later stated that they were putting off the diesel bc the premium price for the diesel engine & gas made it an unwise introduction for the time being.

Type D would have been a nice touch ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts