Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
What do you mean by everything you need is in the bottom part?

The ODPS system is in the seat back, not bottom part.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah, I forgot that you need the entire seat. For some reason I was thinking it was just the bottom. But yeah, the entire seat.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Other than the female buckle and ODPS system what else do we need from the seat?

The guy in this thread said something about the seat position sensors but I don't see what he is talking about.

Post 24 -- https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/auto...experience-super-streets-ff-battle-6-a-2.html

I don't see anything else that plugs into anything unless I'm just missing it, I have a seat on my workbench all torn apart.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Other than the female buckle and ODPS system what else do we need from the seat?

The guy in this thread said something about the seat position sensors but I don't see what he is talking about.

Post 24 -- https://www.tsxclub.com/forums/auto...experience-super-streets-ff-battle-6-a-2.html

I don't see anything else that plugs into anything unless I'm just missing it, I have a seat on my workbench all torn apart.

The OPDS and the weight sensors. Well, I guess it's the whole system I suppose. But weight sensors and the OPDS module. And resister for the airbag plug. You can re-use the buckle if you want or you can use the euro-r one (if it came with it) . I believe the euro-r buckle is a 2 pin plug and USDM is 3 (or vice versa) . I used a euro buckle for my driver side (actually, I think I took the driver side recaro and put it on my driver side.) cause it would sometimes throw a SRS light with stock seats so I replaced it. I just know soldering was involved.

But, just from what I've been told by 1-2 other people. There's an extra step for 06-08 TSX's because of the memory seat or something. There's like an extra plug. I never got a 100% answer as to where the other resistor goes, but was told that it does need another resistor. I didn't realize this when I initially made the post since everything else before me was scarce. But, that's just what I've been told by 1-2 people. Even after doing what I did, the light was still on. One of the guys, did something else and was able to get it off. I messaged him awhile back , but he hasn't responded.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Damn, the seat I got was from an 05 (it was my only choice) so that's what I'm missing. I don't know anyone in my area with a TSX, let alone Euro R seats so all I'm going from is what I can find online. I plugged in the ODPS module with the weight sensors and got a light, but one of the strips had some damage, I also read that if you use a module from another car you could get a light, I didn't dig into my own seat to try my own module combined with the weight strips.

My dad is/works with a bunch of electrical engineers for industrial equipment so I sent the whole thing (box and strips) to him, he said he'd repair it or meter it out and see what signals its sending. ideally I'd like to fool the module into thinking that someone is always sitting in the seat. Sucks that I have a memory seat thing to figure out now as well. Not a huge deal since I dont have seats yet, but I'd like to have this all hashed out by the time I actually find a set and have an extra bunch of cash to spend on the Acura.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, if you don't have a resistor or airbag still plugged up, you'll still get a light.

But, it shouldn't matter what year the seat came out of. At least, I dont think so. If your is a 06-08, you would just have to be concerned with the wiring harness and connectors coming from the car. I believe that's where the extra resistor/plug is needed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
When I tested it I only unplugged the cars ODPS and plugged in the one (along with the weight sensors) from the salvaged seat.

If you know anyone with a 06-08 ask them about the seat position sensor relay again.

Worse case, if I find a clean set of seats, I'll just leave the passenger in until I sort this out. I'm not super comfortable potentially disabling the dash airbag.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hmm. Maybe the tear or scuffing on the weight sensor made it still come on. Or maybe you didn't disconnect the battery and then do it (not really sure though)

I can reach out again. He hasn't replied in a few months but I'll see if he can shed some light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

First, if this is posted in the wrong section, please feel free to move it. I couldn't find an interior/seats section so figured this would be a good spot.

I have successfully gotten the SRS light off with Euro-R recaro's.

So, I recently got some Euro-R recaro seats. I've been eyeing them for quite sometime but never really wanted to shell out the $1500+ everyone was wanting for them. I found a set of fronts in great condition from a JDM shop in Jacksonville. So I messaged them and asked if they did local pick up and since I was passing through there on my way back home, I stopped and picked them up. They came with the rails and sliders and the seat belt buckles. I only got the fronts cause of the great price I got them for and because no one sits in the back of my car anyways.

Anyways, I already knew about the nightmare that other people were going through with the SRS light not being able to get off and all the other things. I was determined to get it off the right way (well, not really right but meaning, not pulling the fuse or take the bulb out, etc). All of the threads and posts that I found either had broken links, no information, or half assed ways. I also tried disconnecting the battery, the ghetto paper clip SRS reset, and still nothing. But, in the end, I was able to get it!

Well, if anyone wants to do it, please be aware that I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for any damages or issues that occur. You will do it at your own risk and assume any and all responsibilities.

You need to tear into the passenger seat. THIS IS A NON-REVERSIBLE PROCESS!!!! It has the OPDS module/sensors as well as weight sensors that you need to remove. There is no way to trick the SRS system aside from pulling it out (at least, no one has gotten it to work) The leather comes off around the corners. There's some flaps you can take off but it is actually attached to the cushion itself by metal rings that you need to clip off. The weight sensors are actually glued to the cushion itself. So you can either cut the sensors off with the cushion or you can gently and slowly remove it. Be very careful when doing so because they are very flimsy and you don't want to rip them. The OPDS is a silver rectangular box looking thing with 4 connectors. 3 of the connectors are for the weight sensors so make sure you remove all of it slowly. Once you have them removed, you essentially are 90% of the way done. This is the biggest and hardest part of the entire process. You have to be okay and comfortable with tearing into your passenger seat. If not, just try to find a beat up one that has all the sensors.

Also, you can re-use your OEM buckle. Since I re-used the OEM harness from both seats, it only made sense for me to re-use the OEM buckle. You can use the Euro-R ones, but you need to re-do the connectors. The OEM one uses a male connector and the Euro-R one uses a female connector. For me, since my buckle would sometimes throw the SRS light because it was becoming faulty (I never got it fixed at Acura) I just used the Euro-r one. Keep in mind if you do this, you need to use the passenger side one on the driver side since it's RHD overseas.

The next step is to put resistors in the airbag harness since it'll look for the side air bag. So what I did was (this is just me) I just cut the connectors off of my stock harness (coming from the seats) and put the resistors on the end of those. If you don't want to, you can put the resistor straight into the harness clip coming from the interior floor. It will be the yellow connector. But, this is the way I did it. I tried multiple different size resistors because of the aforementioned threads/posts that I've found. I thought a 2.2K ohm 2 watt resistor would work since that's what one guy did and said it went away. It didn't. Then someone else suggested that I use a 2.2 ohm 5 watt resistor. Once I jerry rigged the resistor, the light went away. So, i had my father in law solder the resistor's together and heat shrink it and just tucked it under the seats.

Granted, you'll have a bundle of wires underneath the passenger seat, you'll no longer have the SRS light. I re-used what I could since I don't plan on going back to stock seats and/or selling these. BUT, if I ever were to decide to sell them, I know I'll get both front seats with everything still there. Especially since mine are now 100% plug n play with no SRS light. I placed the OPDS and weight sensors in a large zip lock bag and slide it under the passenger seat. Since I'm using the CL7 rails and it doesn't sit too low, there's enough room to just tuck everything in there.

Obviously pictures are worth a thousand words and I'll get them posted up shortly. If there's any more questions, please let me know!

I have a forum on this as well. if you guys wanna check it out with more pictures

·
Registered
292 Posts
the more info on the CL7 Recaros in the USDM TSX the better! cross post everything you have from the other forum here ethan! i am buttering up my Acura tech to tackle the Recaro swap in my 06. He's on board with the resistor/airbag trick, i just have to get a sacrificial passenger seat to pull the weight sensor from.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts