Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
But is that good how the bottom part of the back juts out?
Or, that the upper part of the back curves out at you?

I know you can't tell just by looking at it if you don't know about these things, but it looks to me like that wouldn't be good for too many people's backs -- looks like something that would suit only some people.

OCICBW. :D

P.S. What are those 2 large holes just below the head restraint on each seat?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are race inspired seats Larch. They do not focus so much on back support, as they do keeping your body in the seats (when pulling some G's in the turn's).
The holes are for shoulder harness's (racing seat belts). They attach to a role cage, go through the hole's in the seats over each shoulder. *goes to find a pic for you*
Edit - check these out http://www.inlinefour.com/safeq.html

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a pic I took at last years ITR Expo. It is the Mugen RSX, and you can see where the shoulder harness's attach to the role cage.
Keep in mind that these seats will also work with the OEM seat belts.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I noticed those seats available from a few Japanese Accord model videos. I think they're awesome!! But I'm not about to switch out my leather heated seats for them though.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TSX 'R' US said:
I noticed those seats available from a few Japanese Accord model videos.
You guys do know that the Euro-R (JDM Accord) is the equivalent of the USDM TSX right? They get Recaro's as standard equipment. :eek:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Joker said:
You guys do know that the Euro-R (JDM Accord) is the equivalent of the USDM TSX right? They get Recaro's as standard equipment. :eek:
Yup...and they get a wagon version too... When do we get the good stuff?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
From what someone I know was tellling me they're reskinned versions of the new recaros. I think his shop was selling the euro-R ones for $800 a seat.

Sweet seats but I can't give up the heated part. We get winter here after all.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
Joker said:
How awesome are these seats?

Hmmmm. Could match my beige interior......

Looks like standard-issue Recaros, list about $800-$900. Shop around.

BTW, with cloth seats you don't really need the seat heaters.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Re: Re: Euro-R Recaro seats

bob shiftright said:
BTW, with cloth seats you don't really need the seat heaters.
good point. Guess it's a good thing I'm too broke to buy them otherwise I might be tempted :p

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Re: Re: Euro-R Recaro seats

bob shiftright said:
.....with cloth seats you don't really need the seat heaters.
I guess they're less important with cloth seats, but I can't imagine that cloth seats without seat heaters do as well as leather seats with seat heaters. Yes, cloth seats wouldn't be that cold when you get into the cold car. But, the seat heater heats up well before the car starts heating up, and that's useful.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I actually am not a big fan of leather (at the time I wasn't) and preferred to get a car with cloth seats...but after sitting in the TSX, I quickly changed my mind :)

Though I'd get some recaros if I do have cloth seats :p

My friend's old volvo had heated cloth seats...they're about the same, but the cloth seats did heat up faster since the seat itself wasn't as cold to begin with.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
My friend's old volvo had heated cloth seats...they're about the same, but the cloth seats did heat up faster since the seat itself wasn't as cold to begin with.
On the 4-cylinder Accord EX, Honda bundles the leather interior and the seat heaters together.

My T5 Volvo has cloth seats and seat heaters (unusual, but I ordered the car from the factory that way, Volvo bundled the seat heaters along with the traction control and headlight washers)... and it's an interesting sensation putting them on, a sort of nostalgic warm, moist sensation, one I last remember from when I was about 3 or 4 years old :).

They do heat up A LOT faster than the Acura's seats. But sitting on the cold Volvo seats is not like sitting on a cold, dead cow like in the Acura. My last Saab also had seat heaters and cloth seats, I could never really tell if they were on or not. Anyway given a choice between heated leather seats and cloth Recaros for the same price, I'd pick cloth Recaros in a nanosecond.

I'm also guessing the Euro-R Recaro seats don't have the side airbags, where would they put them? And how do the head airbags work without the side seat airbags? Hmmmmm.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
bob shiftright said:
I'm also guessing the Euro-R Recaro seats don't have the side airbags, where would they put them? And how do the head airbags work without the side seat airbags? Hmmmmm.
That's a good question about the side airbags. But, I don't think there would be a need for side airbags with the way those seats are designed though (if they're designed like true racing seats).
There might be enough support on the sides (torso area) to hold the driver in the seat from shifting side to side and not need side airbags in the event of a crash.
But then again, I've never sat in them before so I'm not sure how well they hold a driver in the seat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts