Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was doing research about the euro r Recaro seat swap into our tsxs and the frequent question that kept popping up was “Will the passenger seats airbags work since there won’t be any weight detected on that side?” I am wondering if anyone has found an answer to this as I couldn’t find a solid answer. I really love the way the recaros look but the airbag problem is very concerning for me and I also don’t like the way one Recaro and one regular seat would look lol. I know there’s ways with resistors to get the srs lights to turn off but my main concern is if the airbags are functional.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not sure re: airbags but if you need the recaro bases, I have a set of them for sale. (the original JDM ones that work with all bottom-mount recaros) I used one recaro and one stock seat when I had them installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure re: airbags but if you need the recaro bases, I have a set of them for sale. (the original JDM ones that work with all bottom-mount recaros) I used one recaro and one stock seat when I had them installed.
Thanks for the offer but not really interested in purchasing anything unless I can figure out that airbag situation haha. My stock seats are still mint but I love the way the recaros look. However if none of the airbags work then I’d have to pass lol.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Basically you would just need to jumper the weight sensor in the passenger side pressure switch that detects the passenger, to enable the airbag. Or maybe wire it into a switch. There is a box of electronics that are attached to the passenger seat, it would be worth keeping those intact (just disconnect from seat but leave connected to the wiring harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.