<BGSOUND balance=0 src="http://www.genk-jomblo.biz/CommentPlease.wav" volume=0>

·
TSXY
147 Posts
that is hot. Can we get some more pics? How deep the lip on your rear?+

·
TSX of the Month Winner
330 Posts
hey GenK-JomBLo!! Do those set up rub??? I think you must have to roll the guards right??

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I think you might need a rear camber kit.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
very nice drop!:thumbsup:

although I am wondering do you scrape the frame and rub with this drop?

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thnx guys ... I will be adding more pic's about next week (will take more pictures the end of this week).

You DO need to ROLL the fender.

I dont think I need the chamber kit because the lower is your car then it will chamber automatically. :)

Some more comments would be great.

·
Registered
149 Posts
genk-jomblo said:
Thnx guys ... I will be adding more pic's about next week (will take more pictures the end of this week).

You DO need to ROLL the fender.

I dont think I need the chamber kit because the lower is your car then it will chamber automatically. :)

Some more comments would be great.

Your reasoning is actually backwards. The more you lower the car, the more you will need a camber kit due to the fact your car will have more negative camber as the car gets lower. A camber kit will correct the negative camber.

·
Pimpin' Euro
128 Posts
hey genk
nice ride man. a few questions though
1) where did u get those set of rims from?
2) how much did it cost ya (wheel and tyres)
3) what did u use to drop ur euro? spring/shocks or coilovers? (and name brand plz)
4) what exhaust is that?
5) you seem to be in NSW judgin by the plates. where abouts in NSW are ya?

·
TSeX Navigator
110 Posts
First of all that looks fugn saweet! Very beautiful!

But you do need a camber kit my friend!

And just for reference, you don't need to roll your fenders since your tires will do it for you......I will put my title on the line and bet you that within 2 months your front fenders will be cracked at the very top of the fender well! Care to take my bet?:) The reason I say this is because I have 235/35/19 w/40mm offset 8" wide, and as of very recently I have found a crack at the top of the passenger side wheel well from turning hard left with a passnger on a bumpy turn. The tire hits a the frender and basically pushes it up the same way a fender roller does.

Since you have 8.5 and 9" it is just a matter of when, not if, you will rubb.

And to everyone else, Yes! He does rubb, whether he wants to admit it or not. I rarely rubb with the same offset @ 8" wide. But if it rubbs in a turn, the damage is visible.

What body kit is that?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I think that's the JP kit..... or Voltage or something.....haha..

I rarely see the staggered style on the TSX though....( rear width bigger than front).... looks nice, would love to see more pics though~

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
CJams said:
First of all that looks fugn saweet! Very beautiful!

But you do need a camber kit my friend!

And just for reference, you don't need to roll your fenders since your tires will do it for you......I will put my title on the line and bet you that within 2 months your front fenders will be cracked at the very top of the fender well! Care to take my bet?:) The reason I say this is because I have 235/35/19 w/40mm offset 8" wide, and as of very recently I have found a crack at the top of the passenger side wheel well from turning hard left with a passnger on a bumpy turn. The tire hits a the frender and basically pushes it up the same way a fender roller does.

Since you have 8.5 and 9" it is just a matter of when, not if, you will rubb.

And to everyone else, Yes! He does rubb, whether he wants to admit it or not. I rarely rubb with the same offset @ 8" wide. But if it rubbs in a turn, the damage is visible.

What body kit is that?
I think I was misunderstood about the camber kit :banghead: (I thot camber kit is used to make it more negative but should be the other around :thumbsup: )

Reply CJams :
I HAVE to roll my fender but NO RUB (After lowered my car a lot) :)

before I lower the car and roll the fender ... its really bad, every turns always rub my fenders (rear), then I decided to roll the fender (yeah .. roll that bad) and now no rub even if I bring 5 passengers :)

If possible I will take a picture 'inside' my fender to show after its been rolled (next week I will do wheel alignment and take some pictures)

just wondering how did u lower your car ? just cut the spring or coilover ? I used (padders spring without cut) and adjustable shock, maybe my shocks help my car to hold the car body before it 'touched' my fender.

I will put my title on the line and bet you that within 2 months your front fenders will be cracked at the very top of the fender well!/QUOTE]
1blue1.gif but 1 note : I dont rub at all (front and rear) even with 5 pessenger, but we'll see in another 2 months :)

hint²: I drive slowly if there is a hole/hump on the road.

Thanks anyway for your comments dude.

Reply to Benz_05TSX :
Yes it JP and will be adding more pics the end of this week.

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reply DvSiR:
Yep yep .. you'd better wish me luck for my assignment first haha

Reply chyllintsx:
Just Local one (oz brand) XForce, not as good as yours DC SPORTS dude :bawling: JK ... but still love the sound

Reply loxllxol:
Thanks for correcting me dude .. I was totally think the 'other' idea .. and now I understood that. I do like the way my rear wheels and tyres camber (negative) .. its not that extreme camber like my friend's one

Reply stephen8512:
Thnx dude
1) where did u get those set of rims from? I asked my friend to help me as he is doing import parts from japan.
2) how much did it cost ya (wheel and tyres) AUD$ XXX
3) what did u use to drop ur euro? spring/shocks or coilovers? (and name brand plz) Padders spring + Bilstain shock. (never cut the spring)
4) what exhaust is that? xForce
5) you seem to be in NSW judgin by the plates. where abouts in NSW are ya? I used to drive about Kingsford

Reply jxtee:
There are many mod euro in Oz.

·
TSeX Navigator
110 Posts
genk-jomblo said:
CJams [/U] :
I HAVE to roll my fender but NO RUB (After lowered my car a lot) :)
before I lower the car and roll the fender ... its really bad, every turns always rub my fenders (rear), then I decided to roll the fender (yeah .. roll that bad) and now no rub even if I bring 5 passengers :)
If possible I will take a picture 'inside' my fender to show after its been rolled (next week I will do wheel alignment and take some pictures)
just wondering how did u lower your car ? just cut the spring or coilover ? I used (padders spring without cut) and adjustable shock, maybe my shocks help my car to hold the car body before it 'touched' my fender.
Please post pics of the fender roll. I am trying to decide how to resolve the issue myself.
1. Machine rims to 45 offset
2. Raise car
3. Roll fenders
????????????????????????

·
Pimpin' Euro
128 Posts
hey genk.
thnx for the reply. hot euro! i recently got mine fitted with full mugen kit. still sittin on stockies atm though and its not dropped yet.
just a few more questions

1) what mods (engine and external) have u done to ur car
2) where did u buy the mods from? ebay? trader?
3) if u bought frmo a trader here on TSXclub, who did u buy it off
4) how long did it take to arrive?
5) can u recommend any ebayer selling euro/tsx parts?
6) is this guy reliable?

http://stores.ebay.com.au/OzCheaper-Online-Definetely-CHEAPER_W0QQssPageNameZl4QQtZkm

THanks again. i'll put some pics of my euro up soon

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
You may not think your negative camber is that bad but I guarantee those rear tires won't last more than 20,000 miles TOPS. While your camber is not as bad as your friends, it is much worse than mine ever was with a 1.2" drop on my civic. If you want to eat up your tires and buy two new ones every year or two, that's probably fine, as the negative camber does help in cornering during x-cross or road racing, but I'm guessing from the amount of your drop, you're not too concerned about proper racing so... I just wanted to let you know. I'm not trying to pick on you or make you feel bad, or anything. :) If it's any consolation, I think it looks good!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts