Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
It looks like a TSX crossover with TL .. and the back lights looks like some otha cars....:donno:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
meh...only 140 HP ?

and looks like the wagon version of the concept car

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I'd much rather have the Accord CTD-i.:thumbsup:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
it says so in the spec table
Valvetrain: CTDi Dieselmotor

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
:bill:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've always had a question...I know people say the TSX is just a rebadged EuroAccord...but why in the blue hell would someone want their ACURA to look like a measely HONDA...I mean you dont see people trying to make their Lexus look like a Toyota...or Maybach look like a benz (haha not a good syllojizzzzzism)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Personally...even the though of people referring to my TSX as a honda gives me da jeebers CREEPers.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
vpat25 said:
I've always had a question...I know people say the TSX is just a rebadged EuroAccord...but why in the blue hell would someone want their ACURA to look like a measely HONDA...I mean you dont see people trying to make their Lexus look like a Toyota...or Maybach look like a benz (haha not a good syllojizzzzzism)

Um, Actually People make there Lexus's into Toyota's...

Heres your new Acura RL

The Previous Generation Acura TL

Maybach isnt an exact Copy of a Benz, However the TSX has the Accord body... which is why its easily rebadgeable as the Accord Euro, Also there's really nothing Wrong w/ A Honda, having a Honda doesnt make you any less of a man, if u feel that way get rid of the TSX because it is a Honda...People in the US are way to obsessed with the status symbol, personally I like having the Car Re-badged, its more Unique, everyone wants to know what the hell it is... and it gets a ton of looks...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
vpat25 said:
Personally...even the though of people referring to my TSX as a honda gives me da jeebers CREEPers.
Sell it then cause u Drive a Honda, Dont buy an Audi either, cause then your driving a VW, Dont buy a Lexus cause thats a Toyota, Dont buy a Infiniti Cause thats a Nissan, Lincon cause thats a Ford...

oh god we dont want to lose our status symbol...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Memphis,

Your answer is somewhat paradoxical-- it seems uniqueness and attention is what you're after, but respect and esteem you are not? Personally, I bought the TSX why many other people bought it--because its not just a sport sedan but a luxury sport sedan loaded with ciara's goodies...but i'd much rather see Acura take the next step into luxurious primacy...I mean if the mass-produced Toyota can somehow market Lexus to be super luxurious how come people can't respect Acura...I'm not just talking about the RSX's and TSX's--but the RLs and TLs as well...

btw, i appreciate your insight, and to an extent egoism and others is what i was thinking when i posted that (but im not admitting im wrong :p...and hell if im gonna sell my car or let alone not drive a car :X)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Vince,

The TSX is a rebadged model of the Accord, luxurious or not is only limited to budget and market availability. The Honda Accord is still far more superior in terms of performance and luxury compared with the TSX. In short, it is a Honda while Acura is a marketing spin-off to give that added luxury label.

Same deal with Lexus and Toyota. JDM Toyotas are more luxurious than Lexus anywhere else in the world bar none. Same marketing spin-off applied by just about every car manufacturer under the sun. The primary manufacturer will always be more superior compared to a marketed spin-off.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts

just found this pic, The Lexus LS430 , this is the more luxurious and sportier Toyota Version....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts