Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at the fact that our cars have no side molding?

i know i do.. every time i come back to my car from shopping, and someones parked a little too close to me... makes me nervous as hell

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Me me me! Not just for the ding factor but the sides of the car looks awfully bland since its one big piece of sheet metal w/ a slight fold in it. If only the Japanese could make the exteriors as snazzy as the interiors ...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
I usually parked in a far-away spot. usually no other car will come up next.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
nope. I'm glad we don't have those ugly things. I've gone 5 years with my other car and have no dings. It's a matter of knowing how to safely park. I will NEVER park at the end of the parking lot. That's just asking for someone to mess with the car. Aim for the middle of the lot where there's the medians/islands with trees and such. Park next to those.
Park CLOSE.

Parking close to the curb leaves plenty of room next to you in case a car does park next to you. Hell park in the very front spot if theres a curb there. I've parked next to a curb like this then put my g/fs car next to mine like a normal car and she could open her door almost all the way up without hitting mine. She has an Eclipse which has really long doors so if her door can open up that much then any car that actually parks next to you will have plenty of room. Also if you do have to park next to other cars be selective about it.

Don't park next to two doors. The doors are long and need more room.
Don't park next to cars with kiddy stuff in it. Chances are there'll be a kid opening the door which is a pretty big risk for dings.

Here's my g/f's car parked next to the curb at our apt building. I'll park even closer then this in parking lots.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Also parking next to the handicapped spots or spots at the end of the row without curbs but yellow grids works well also. I'd usually parking more to the left then this but I didn't for some reason this time.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
larchmont said:
Yeah Tony -- but they don't have to be ugly, do they?

I'm with Mike.
looks are too subject to come into play. Some like them some don't. I've never seen any that looked good to me. I wish my Integra didn't have them and I really like the fact that the TSX doesn't have them. Nice clean look.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
tony4311 said:
......Nice clean look.
Well I must admit I agree with that about the TSX.

But I still think it's possible.
If any unemployed designers/artists out there want to make a lot of money, all you have to do is come up with :cool: side moldings.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I really don't see a point to those molded side body panels... If someone opens a rear door into your car, they aren't going to do shit to protect your car. The top part of the rear doors are higher than where those panels go. And they won't protect from raised vehicles like SUVs. The ones I've seen for the TSX are hideous... As Tony said, it's all about how you park and where you park...and of course with a bit of luck as well.

IMO, I think all cars should come with those plastic door edge guards...they'll do us all a favor...

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes, scares the crap out of me...that's why I always park so far away, it's not even funny..hehe, and I thank I've done more walk-arounds on my TSX ever since I've got it then I've done to any other vehicles I've driven, combined...lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree about the parking away from everyone else thing, seriously I can't believe how lazy some people are... at my local shopping centre you will find all the parks close to the entrance full with cars circling around for ages waiting to find one of those elusive 'CLOSE' parks. If they actually went a little further out, say another 40 metres they would find that there were parking spots free everywhere! This is where I head, I make sure there are no cars to the left or right if possible and if not then I park close to any island! I mean seriously I have to walk an extra 40 metres... and this will help prevent my Euro from getting hit, I wonder if it is worth it? :ikno:

Btw I like the fact there is no side mouldings, they look cheap and will not protect your car from all mishaps anyhow, I think it looks nice without them :)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
You guys don't even want to know how anal I am about parking my car anywhere :laugh:
Joker - who was once late for a movie, as he couldn't find a spot to park in that he liked :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Thorn2004 said:
I agree about the parking away from everyone else thing, seriously I can't believe how lazy some people are... at my local shopping centre you will find all the parks close to the entrance full with cars circling around for ages waiting to find one of those elusive 'CLOSE' parks. If they actually went a little further out, say another 40 metres they would find that there were parking spots free everywhere!
whats worse is when you're at the gym and people park as close as they can so they don't have to walk more.........to go work out.

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Joker said:
You guys don't even want to know how anal I am about parking my car anywhere :laugh:
i am that same way... i would rather park way out and walk then risk my car being dinged at some spot right up in front of the store

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
I park 2 floors down and walk up the stairs so I can get an end spot at work.

And if I can't get that spot, I go all the way to sub-basement level 4 and park there.

And I do walkarounds even when there are no cars around me... just in case a bird gets my TSX. :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
You guys would love the parking spot I use when I have to park in the ramp at work. I'll be doing that on Tuesday. Gotta remember to take some pictures.
no way possible to get dings.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
tony4311 said:
You guys would love the parking spot I use when I have to park in the ramp at work. I'll be doing that on Tuesday. Gotta remember to take some pictures.
no way possible to get dings.
Pretty mysterious. :blackbat:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Park far away....use up your parking spot....use up any space that isn't another spot... that's all ok...but just don't take up two spots. That's just asking to get your car vandalized...

I saw a stupidly riced civic at the theatres one time and was taking up two spots diagonally... Overheard some peeps who said they wanted to dump a couple of milkshakes on the car...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts