Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
John Frusciante Wanna-be
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, i just registered for this site, and i have a few questions. I am going to install a new exaust system on my Acura TSX, and i would appreciate it if people could give me some advice as to what brand i should purchase. I also wanted to know if anyone on this site has put LED, or neons under their TSX because i did, and the installers couldn't get the rear one on because the stock exauset's are too close together, if anyone knows how to remedy that i would appreciate it, or if getting the custom exaust would do it. Thanks a lot!

·
John Frusciante Wanna-be
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW I drive a Ebony exterior, Ebony Interior, non-navi, 6-spd..
Only Mods:

30% tint
LED Undercar light Kit

·
John Frusciante Wanna-be
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was also wondering if Body Kits, or lowering the TSX would effect the warranty.. if anybody knows that, it would be greatly appreciated as well! thanks again

·
TSX of the Month Winner
209 Posts
Do you like the exhaust to be loud or quiet. If oyu like the loudness go for TANABE SUPER HYPER MEDALLION if you want quiet go for FUJITSUBO LEGALIS R

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
I'd say comptech, FUJITSUBO LEGALIS R or there was a post somewhere saying remus might come out with one. The rest will sound like crap imo.

as far as the warranty goes they can't void it unless the parts caused the damage.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
tony4311 said:
I'd say comptech, FUJITSUBO LEGALIS R or there was a post somewhere saying remus might come out with one. The rest will sound like crap imo.
How could you forget the Mugen exhaust Tony ;) :thumbsup:
Joker - who waits for Tony to bring up how much it cost :laugh:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
TSX Cman said:
i ahve a question. do any of the existing exhausts even have performance upgrades?? so far it seems not
Yes, all the exhaust's mentioned above will net you a couple of ponies.. But to really see some gain's, your best bet is to (along with the cat-back) do the intake, header, and free flow cat as well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
294 Posts
ive got he intake, i cant tell you how impressed i am with it, but i dont think any of the header or exhaust will do much to compare. alot of cars get 20+ hp from exhaust, the TSX gets 3. kinda sucks

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
How does that suck? That just means you've already bought a very efficient exhaust and don't have to spend $$$ to free up lost power.

·
Registered
294 Posts
that is the truth.. the fact that the 4 banger has 200 hp means its quite tapped, which is good. but you know that people always want what they dont have. which would be a performance exhaust in this case.
i just wont buy one

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Joker said:
How could you forget the Mugen exhaust Tony ;) :thumbsup:
Joker - who waits for Tony to bring up how much it cost :laugh:
how in the hell could I forget moogen.... :checks price:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
ouch just for a catback. Wonder if smsp or hytech will make one with the whole exhaust?.....

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
as for the neon.... i say no....IMO i like the sporty luxury look .... neon on the outside might kill the eye catching luxury on the car....but its yours and go with ya looks ,,,, I know i am ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
tony4311 said:

as far as the warranty goes they can't void it unless the parts caused the damage.
I am not too sure if Mugen exhaust can be used on TSX, but the sound so superb. I'm using it and it's really good. There's slight power increase in the mid range and the weight is definately lighter than the original exhaust.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts