Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into clutches for my TSX. I'm trying to decide between the different brands. For my purposes, its really just DD w/ some spirited driving. I thought I narrowed its down to OEM Exedy replacement, but after some research through the boards, people are having trouble or it being shot @ 25 - 30k miles. I would prefer something that lasts just like OEM, but can put up with the abuse of spirited driving.

1. OEM Exedy Replacement for TSX
2. OEM Exedy replacement for RSX-s (I already have a DC5R Flywheel)
3. OEM Clutch Discs (RSX), ACT HD 024 pressure plate, DC5R Flywheel --> I threw this in there because I have this in my S2000 and I love the engagement and stiffness of the clutch (tad stiffer than OEM), ANYONE has this set up that can chime in

of course i will buy OEM throw out bearing and flywheel bolts. I want to see some recommendations

·
@fsocietytsx
374 Posts
I ran my Exedy Stage 2 with lightweight flywheel for almost 5 years with track days and competition days. I think it's a great set up. As a daily driver if provides that extra bit of usable power with the flywheel being 8.9 pounds.

I'm looking into clutches for my TSX. I'm trying to decide between the different brands. For my purposes, its really just DD w/ some spirited driving. I thought I narrowed its down to OEM Exedy replacement, but after some research through the boards, people are having trouble or it being shot @ 25 - 30k miles. I would prefer something that lasts just like OEM, but can put up with the abuse of spirited driving.

1. OEM Exedy Replacement for TSX
2. OEM Exedy replacement for RSX-s (I already have a DC5R Flywheel)
3. OEM Clutch Discs (RSX), ACT HD 024 pressure plate, DC5R Flywheel --> I threw this in there because I have this in my S2000 and I love the engagement and stiffness of the clutch (tad stiffer than OEM), ANYONE has this set up that can chime in

of course i will buy OEM throw out bearing and flywheel bolts. I want to see some recommendations

·
Registered
707 Posts
I run the Competition Clutch stage 1.5 and love it. Coupled with a CC 12 lb flywheel. The clutch disc is still organic so engagement is very smooth. The pedal is a little stiffer but in a good way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts