Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting a stage 1 clutch from exedy, and everywhere I look is saying it can only be paired with the exedy HF02 8lbs flywheel, and I'm reading on here that the competition 11.5lbs flywheel is the best match for it. So my question is, is exedy just trying to get me to buy their flywheel by saying the stage 1 can only be mated with the HF02 8lbs...or can i buy the competition 11.5lbs flywheel and it just bolt right up with no issues? Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Exedy clutches are primariliy made for the RSX-S. Even when you buy the OEM replacement they will suggest the flywheel that comes with it. Any RSX-S flywheel will fit with Exedy clutches.

The OEM TSX clutch has a slightly larger friction surface compared to the RSX-S.

Please correct me if I am wrong but, I think I made my studies properly when I was looking for a replacement. Time has not come though and still i am still running my OEM clutch at 160k km (100k miles).

J~

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
It doesnt matter what flywheel you use really, as long as the clutch and flywheel are for the same vehicle application (ex: RSX-S clutch -> RSX-S Flywheel needed)

IMHO I think 8 lbs is too light for a flywheel in terms of daily driving, so I decided to source the CC 11.5#. I'm very pleased with it, it is a perfect blend of practicality and sportiness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It doesnt matter what flywheel you use really, as long as the clutch and flywheel are for the same vehicle application (ex: RSX-S clutch -> RSX-S Flywheel needed)

IMHO I think 8 lbs is too light for a flywheel in terms of daily driving, so I decided to source the CC 11.5#. I'm very pleased with it, it is a perfect blend of practicality and sportiness.
How is the CC flywheel holding up??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts