Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, getting tired of the rust on the APEX'i WS2 exhaust, so I'm thinking about getting the piping redone. Not sure if it has to do with the car being low and scraping or the coating wearing out.

Anyway, throwing around the idea of going single or staying dual. I like the symmetrical look of the dual, but I've always thought it was kinda silly for the TSX to have dual mufflers. Either way, I'd be reusing the APEX'i muffler(s) and probably have a local shop do 2.5" mandrel bent piping.

1. Go single or dual?
2. Resonator or no resonator?
3. For you guys that had a shop make a single outlet exhaust, how much did it cost?
4. Anyone have the OEM exhaust plug with an 06-08 aspec rear?

Picture for reference

I rarely drive the TSX now so exhaust loudness is not an issue, although I'd like to avoid the "fart cannon" noise. Kinda lost interest in modding so I don't want to spend lots of $ on this either (around $300).

Discuss :nervous:

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
I'm currently running single vibrator /w no resonator.

It doesn't have the fart cannon noise. It cost 100-300 for the muffler (price depending on the muffler you choose) and 200~ for mandrel bend piping.

Of course I would recommend single exhaust, but many would disagree saying dual is a better choice.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
riceboydrew on here converted his WS2 to a single outlet...and MAN does it sound good!

The WS2 sounds quiet, but converted to a single outlet, it sounds mean! Not fart cannon-ish/ricey at all.

He has an 04-05, so his a-spec rear is different. PM him, he may have the answers to the questions you are looking for.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Where's the rust at?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm currently running single vibrant /w no resonator.

It doesn't have the fart cannon noise. It cost 100-300 for the muffler (price depending on the muffler you choose) and 200~ for mandrel bend piping.

Of course I would recommend single exhaust, but many would disagree saying dual is a better choice.
What header do you have? What are the reasons you chose single over dual? Did you get a bumper plug?

riceboydrew on here converted his WS2 to a single outlet...and MAN does it sound good!

The WS2 sounds quiet, but converted to a single outlet, it sounds mean! Not fart cannon-ish/ricey at all.

He has an 04-05, so his a-spec rear is different. PM him, he may have the answers to the questions you are looking for.
Thanks ill shoot him a PM.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Why'd you chose single?
From s2000s. Before I got the TSX i was looking at s2000s and some of them had single exhaust. I like the look of single for some reason.

I think it makes the rear more aggressive.

^^^
I know I post this picture up a lot, but this is the only pic I have right now that shows my single.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Dual = silly? No wai. I think they did it so they look "nicer." They probably thought having a single exhaust would cheapen the look compared to our Audi, Volvo, whathaveyou competition. Also, I think many people think we have a V6 equipped as well from my experience, and I'm thinking that's because of the exhaust and the brand.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm currently running single vibrator /w no resonator.

Which muffler did you exactly get?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I always thought the dual exhaust was pointless on a TSX because it actually robs your car of a few ponnies. I mean isnt the point of a header to direct everything into one pipe ? if so, then whats the point of splitting it back up at the end ? I also read somwhere on here i think that if you convert to a single the car will sound better and you will feel the difference in acceleration or something along those lines. I think it might have been on the K Teller thread actually, i duno....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.