Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used CT-E header off a forum member and they had mentioned that I would need to get a new gasket for it since they no longer had the old one.

In any case, they told me that the standard factory part would do but I've been having a hell of a time locating one here in Vancouver. Calls to the dealerships in my area all said that it would have to be special ordered.

I was wondering if the part was generic enough that I could walk into somewhere like NAPA, Lordco or Canadian Tire to find this gasket?

The part I'm looking for is 18302-SP0-003 (Exhaust Gasket) that fits between the end of the header and the cat. If anyone happens to know what a generic equivalent is (that you can find at somewhere like NAPA) could you pass on the info to me?

On a somewhat related note, I was thinking of changing the exhaust manifold gasket at the same time too. Is a generic one OK too or should I stick to factory?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info HoRRo! Just out of curiousity - did you use that same part? All of the pictures I've seen of the stock part was a round ring shaped gasket and not a flat plate like the picture you linked shows. Does it matter?

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Thanks for the info HoRRo! Just out of curiousity - did you use that same part? All of the pictures I've seen of the stock part was a round ring shaped gasket and not a flat plate like the picture you linked shows. Does it matter?
The stock exhaust manifold uses a different gasket, like you said a metal ring. That's because the stock piece has a indent for the gasket to fit into. Once you go to an aftermarket header, you will have to use the part I showed you. Yes, I'm using the same one, I bought mine from: http://www.woodys-auto-supply.com

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks HoRrO. I think the CT-E header still uses the round ring since it's in their manual but I guess either should do. I went by the local Lordco and NAPA and neither had it in stock so I may be stuck with having to buy it online. :(

Do you know if you can "recycle" the existing gasket? It just seems like such a big hassle to get a $5 part. (shipping usually ends up being more than the part) I'd gladly get a new one if I could but seeing that it's so hard to find one, I'm seriously considering reusing the existing gasket if I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts