Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be little being covered or discussed when it comes to selection choices and availability in the world market. Even the JDM market is particularly slow in development in this field. Much perhaps there is not much need or demand unlike the usual performance R models.

So, which, who, makes what? Let's hear it ... After all, a catback upgrade is somewhat of little significant gains when it comes to pushing the BHP upwards whilst the OEM restrictive piece is still in place.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm surprised they didn't include any dimension changes/specifications along with their product overview. Although fairly cheap (when compared with JDM makes) on pricing but it could simply mean a material/contruction type change. Anymore details on your suggestion?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Noel said:
Anymore details on your suggestion?
Comptech headers and exhaust systems are manufactured using CNC machined flanges and mandrel bent T-304 stainless steel tubing. All headers have precision fit merge collectors and all joints are TIG welded for durability and appearance. All mufflers are polished stainless steel with a polished stainless steel resonated tip and have been tuned to give a deep aggressive exhaust note, without being too loud. Comptech offers complete systems consisting of headers, B pipes with resonator and mufflers. Comptech uses both its in house DTS engine dyno and Dyno Dynamics chassis dyno to develop all of the headers and exhaust systems we sell. All Comptech headers are 50 state emissions legal. Click on the Dyno Graphs heading to see power results.

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/tsxdyno.html

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not bad ... The torque seems to be improved and power gains are clearly mid-high end bias. Would be a good comparison when I put up what I have in mind. Still no exact measuring dimensions. :p

Comptech Header Dyno PDF Download

Anyone else?

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
besides the comptech and DC sports headers that everyone seems to like, are there any other brands that people have on, (minus the expensive ones, under $800) that are commendable?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
OBX-R :D .... ~ jk .. who knos it might be a great alternative .. since it's a replica verison of the DC sport in SS
DC gets my vote since they r cheaper than comptech and u get more hp/tq than the comptech .. ~ various dynos show comptech header has little imporvement to the performance but yet .. it's a high quailty piece ... :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
:lol: i just found out too
who summon it back .. :naughty:

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
it is I...sorry guys. i was too lazy to search, and my birthday is coming up and my girlfriend wants to know what i want for my car.

·
Always on call
13 Posts
I asked around and was told that the DC headers do provide more gaines, but overall lower build quality when compared to comptech (stainless steel)..anyone want to dispute this claim?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
for the older version of DC.. it did have some issues with the building quailty ..
however, i do believe it's been fixed and the power gain is defnitely better than the comptech one alot .. ~

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
genk-jomblo said:
on thursday I have booked to get my CAI injen and DC header installed.

:)
CONGRATS!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts