Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the stock muffler inlet of the tsx?

I want to buy one of those cheap ebay mufflers (because i cant afford the real ones) and dont know the inlet size..

Alot of the sites on ebay say 2.5" is the inlet, but when i emailed them most of them said they werent sure.. can someone tell me what the inlet is?!
thanks

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
supermanmyhero said:
what is the stock muffler inlet of the tsx?

I want to buy one of those cheap ebay mufflers (because i cant afford the real ones) and dont know the inlet size..

Alot of the sites on ebay say 2.5" is the inlet, but when i emailed them most of them said they werent sure.. can someone tell me what the inlet is?!
thanks

im pretty sure its smaller than 2.5, last time i looked under my car i expected to see some nice sized exhaust piping but saw some rather small piping...

i would suggest just saving your money till you can afford a full exhaust... if your just looking for looks and sound, than an ebay muff is what your looking for.. but if you want any performance, save and get a full exhaust. i ended up doing what you want to do to my first car (96 accord) and ended up kickin my self in the ass a whole bunch of times cause i knew i shouldve saved the $250 and put it towards a quality system like greddy or dc sports... but anyways... good luck with your decision

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
1¾ inches at the final muffler point ... The OEM design is very restrictive and not designed for outright performance. I much agree with TSXmike, I wouldn't head this option. What's wrong with the OEM setup anyway?

You're best going to any muffler shop in your area to get a "custom" setup instead of buying off ebay where they're "universal" applications.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts