Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, so im planning on buying comptech exhaust and comptech headers or the next year period. If i had a choice to get one of them now, which one would be the better choice to get first? I plan on getting the 2nd part about a year after. Just let me know some of your thoughts...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
exhaust IMO .. ~~ that will fulfill the part b4 3000rpm which is no sound appearing in that range with ur CAI .. ~~ cuz both header and exhaust wont give u a noticiable performance gain .. ~~ header might do a bit more but still far from wut u can get fomr a CAI ~~ and exhaust give a huge change with the low end sound + exterior impression ... ~~ and header is alot cheaper .. ~~ good luck man ~

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I would also get the exhaust first.
Joker - who loves the tone of the Comptech exhaust :thumbsup:

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do you think it will sound on an auto?? Triz who wishes he got a 6 speed from the start...

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well lets see for the price of a mugen exhaust and i can get 2 comptech exhaust! :jester:

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive heard sound clips of the comptech exhuast, it seemed pretty loud. For anyone that has this, has your exhuast been loud enough to get you in trouble by cops. I dont want it that loud, just a nice deep tone.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
SAZABI said:
Mugen exhaust for the win!
I agree with you Saz, but as Triz has pointed out, the Comptech is half the price. There are those who will argue that you get what you pay for, and even I am a Mugen whore... But it is just too much money for what little gains you will get.
As for the auto, it will sound the same (DB wise) as the manual.
I am not sure about the DB laws in Florida, but in Ca. the Comptech exhaust is legal.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
if u just want a deep ton .. go for Fujit. relatively quite compare to comptech or Greddy ... ~ the pnt is if u put these big ass exhaust on Auto ... it makes a shitty sound when shifting .. ~ like ppl will notice u drive an auto cuz the sound .... but that's only for the loud ones .. which i cant find on Fujit. .. ~~

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i got a good price from a local place on the comptech exhuast so i ordered it today! $760 with shipping. Cant wait to put on!, also putting on the eibach prokit on wednesday!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Awesome Triz!! Congrats in advance :D
Joker - who can't wait to hear/see your ride when everything is done :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
good buys dude .. ~~ have fun with them .. ~~ post pics after ..
and u will love the prokit .. and they will be lower then u excepted after a 4 days of run in period .. ~

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha! yeah buddy!!! :thumbsup: Monday the springs and camber will be arriving!!!

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
TANABE Dual Super Medalion Hyper Spec Cat-Back Exhaust System vs DC SPORTS Dual Canister System Exhaust vs COMPTECH EXHAUST[/ Question is which one is better? Performance? Sound? Quality? Looks? Brand?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Out of those three I'd go with Comptech for sure. :nod: Quality, fit, sound, all perfect :thumbsup:
Joker - who lost faith in DC Sports after AEM bought them, and their headers started falling apart :eek:

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yo euro, if you can come up to the meet in orlando on 11/13, there will be very good prices on comptech parts, including exhuast in which where i got mine. PM me for info...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
There is little to no power gains from any dual catback exhaust setup for the CL9, perhaps weight savings depending on what sorta pipe material is manufactured. A single output catback will see more appropriate gains with significant weight reduction.

The headers will add to the weight reduction plus extracting the most power possible depending on design affecting how the powerband bias is distributed. This generally good for up to 10bhp approximately.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
header for performance gain where exhaust for look and sound .. ~~

1 - 20 of 24 Posts