Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 6 speed TSX with Injen cai and DC headers. The car with just those mods is loud as hell. Now the thing is im looking for some exhaust thats lighter than oem and with usable power gains. The only set back is that i live with my parents and they despise the LOUD noise. DO you guys have any suggestions on maybe an exhaust system that doesnt wake the neigbors but can give me the bang for my buck?

Any help would be great...

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help joker. Thats kinda what im looking for but that price would destroy me. Do you guys know of any other exhaust systems, maybe under $900.00?

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, i finally scrapped up some money and games are over. I need the most power gains from exhaust, regardless of noise. any suggestions?

any cheap prices on mugen would be stellar.. :rollsmile

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
houstontsx said:
OK, i finally scrapped up some money and games are over. I need the most power gains from exhaust, regardless of noise. any suggestions?

any cheap prices on mugen would be stellar.. :rollsmile
well .. fujit should be the least noise u can find .. ~
and there is no real noticiable power gain on exhaust .. ~
even a 60 bux Hondata gasket overpower the exhaust's gain
btw .. u can try www.boomplustoys.net
and tell them Anderson sent u there ~ good luck ~ :)

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the help...i like the video clip with the legalis R..

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
If you want real power gains from a catback exhaust, you'd need to look for a single output application type instead of dual-output types. No dual-output exhaust will come close to matching power gains from a single output. You've got some options available but not much, all of them are JDM.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
houstontsx said:
AWESOME, any others?
Not in that price bracket, but yes there are even more high-end/race specific applications doubling the price tag easily thanks to their material construction.

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have cai and headers, does anyone have exhaust with these two bolt-ons? and if so, how much louder was your tsx when exhaust was installed?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I'm the only one that I know of running this N1 setup. Sound is tested to between 95 dB ~ 98 dB before WOT between 2500 - 3500 RPMs, at idle afterwarm-up, it's approximately 92 dB. If you want to see more pictures of how it looks, here it is.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts