Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
are there any others besides Amuse, dc sports, and fujitsubo... ive seen this euro r (while doing a google image search) and i think it had the amuse exhaust... so far the amuse is the coolest looking of the bunch... but its way expensive and waaaaaaay too loud... anyone know of any other companys that make exhaust systems for our cars?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
You want a dual muffler output or single muffler output? All the single muffler output would definitely be louder than dual muffler types but it's also only the single types that will show most power gains. Is it for looks, sound or outright performance?

The Amuse would be the flagship of any aftermarket setup ... Including looks, power gains and weight savings. Of course this comes at a premium thanks to the world class workmanship and titanium use. We'll be reviewing and bringing more technical specifications on this product later.

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Noel said:
You want a dual muffler output or single muffler output? All the single muffler output would definitely be louder than dual muffler types but it's also only the single types that will show most power gains. Is it for looks, sound or outright performance?

The Amuse would be the flagship of any aftermarket setup ... Including looks, power gains and weight savings. Of course this comes at a premium thanks to the world class workmanship and titanium use. We'll be reviewing and bringing more technical specifications on this product later.
im starting to like the single output exhaust... the dual is cool and all but... i dont know.. it just dont look right... i love the way the amuse looks but the 135 dB rating kinda scares me away... i dont want to have the cops fuckin with me everywhere i go..... maybe ill wait and see if any other companys come out with a single output muffler

Attachments

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Only the Amuse R1000s is measured at such high dBs, it's a race specific custom manufactured exhaust, not a standard street application and most certainly only found on certain makes.

The Amuse R1 Titan is the road version, it's got all the usual restrictions like resonators and being mounted from the catback instead of headerback. An Amuse R1 Titan N1 titanium catback is approximately 98-100 dB max. No doubts, there are multiple different choices. Here are the overview of 3.

R1 Titan Euro = Specifically designed for street use, has the most resonators and also the most expensive. Generally dual pipes. (Little to no power gains, weight reductions)

R1 Titan = For street and sports use, different number of resonators depending on pipe type. Available in single or dual pipes. (Low to medium power gains, weight reductions)

R1000 = Racing specific use, headerback with no resonator and maximum pipe size for maximum power output. Only available in one configuration, special manufactured order and only specific car/makes/models available. (Maximum power gains, weight reductions)

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Noel said:
Only the Amuse R1000s is measured at such high dBs, it's a race specific custom manufactured exhaust, not a standard street application and most certainly only found on certain makes.

The Amuse R1 Titan is the road version, it's got all the usual restrictions like resonators and being mounted from the catback instead of headerback. An Amuse R1 Titan N1 titanium catback is approximately 98-100 dB max. No doubts, there are multiple different choices. Here are the overview of 3.

R1 Titan Euro = Specifically designed for street use, has the most resonators and also the most expensive. Generally dual pipes. (Little to no power gains, weight reductions)

R1 Titan = For street and sports use, different number of resonators depending on pipe type. Available in single or dual pipes. (Low to medium power gains, weight reductions)

R1000 = Racing specific use, headerback with no resonator and maximum pipe size for maximum power output. Only available in one configuration, special manufactured order and only specific car/makes/models available. (Maximum power gains, weight reductions)
wheres a site where i can check all the prices and ordering info

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Amuse Exhausts - CL7 & CL9 Use

Amuse is where the detailed product information is (everything is in Japanese) while Bulletproof Automotive would be your best source in the North Americas region to make an order (Check with their pricing, the JDM pricing is not valid outside of Japan).

There are 3 specifically currently available for the CL7 (Euro R) which is also compatible with the CL9 (TSX/Euro), I'll explain the differences in detail to save you the trouble of translation.

R1 Titan Euro - Dual Muffler Output - 60mm catback with a 90mm muffler tailpipe. Weighs in at 10.7KGs (OEM 23.6½ KGs) so you save about half the weight. Titanium constructed using a sports type muffler, lowest noise emission and road legal, JASMA approved.

R1 Titan Euro - Single Muffler Output - 60mm catback with a 90mm muffler tailpipe. Weighs in at 5.8KGs (OEM 23.6½ KGs) so you save about 75% weight. Titanium constructed using a sports type muffler, slighly higher noise emission but still road legal, JASMA approved. Muffler outputs from the right side.

R1 Titan | N1 Racing Spec Single Muffler Output | 60mm catback with a 90mm muffler tailpipe. Weighs in at 5.4KGs (OEM 23.6½ KGs) so you save about 80% weight. Titanium constructed using a N1 cannonball racing type muffler, highest noise emission from the 3 available whilst also the highest power output. May not be road legal. Muffler outputs from the right side. Available in Type A or B muffler only.

The 2 R1 Titan Euro catback systems have a selection of 3 type of muffler tips. A and B are the most popular choices (You can see why).

Type A - Amuse trademark blue titanium burnt tip.

Type B - New Amuse trademark - Full blue titanium burnt tailpipe.

Type C - Traditional titanium polished tailpipe.

In general, Amuse catback exhausts are constructed to order requirements only, needs to be ordered and has a wait time on stock arrivals/shipment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
:drool1:

Noel

Do u know where I can source for a pair of those Type A titanium tips ? I will aim to retrofit into my current or potential fujitsubo exhaust.

I simply cannot sleep over those beautiful tips. :laugh:

Regards
Dexter

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Nope, unfortunately you can't buy genuine Amuse titanium muffler tips but I'm sure you can find some sorta titanium tips on the market, don't you have any local exhaust shops in your area? You're more than likely gonna have to blow torch off a pair from those type of mufflers and re-weld them onto your current FGKs, I personally wouldn't do that.

BTW, have you seen this ... ?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
All exhausts are the same, in short - dB ratings dictate how much "drone" is experienced in-cabin. The closer you're to the OEM rating, the less/minimal is experienced. The higher the dB, the more "drone" noise output.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is there a difference for the pipe's diameter?

I am having the K24A CL9.

I'm not quite sure if it's true that the K20A CL7 is using 60mm, and K24A CL9 is using 65mm.

Therefore, do I have to go with the same pipe diameter (65mm) for my K24A?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The Amuse exhaust systems designed for the CL7/9 are both compatible with pipe sizing similarities. I'm more inclined to use the CL7 setup even though the CL9 may have a higher displacement based on their R&D testing. 60mm does sound right to me and Amuse don't have a specific cater to the CL9. You'd be fine with the CL7 setup.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
R1 Titan Euro - Single Muffler Output

Perhaps the one and only outside of Japan. And no guesses as to where this is. ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
884 Posts
So is amuse the best possible exhaust system available for the tsx? Even tho the dual output from amuse isnt the best offered from them is it still better than other dual output exhausts from other makes, say....mugen or greddy?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Yes, Amuse is the pinnacle exhaust manufacturer/tuner with no one other competitor coming close to technology - R&D power output, quality and finish. Amuse is now the exhaust manufacturer for JGTC race cars in GT500/300 class.

You can't compare Mugen / Spoon / GReddy. They're no where close considering even the Mugen JGTC GT500 uses Maxim Works exhaust manifolds and Amuse exhaust systems. ;)

Amuse in any class, single, output, true race outclasses any one else. It's exclusive enough that only certain make and models are selected for R&D development. So if you're wondering what's a good car to buy, it's wise to look towards what Amuse R&D cars are. And the CL7/9 is one of the lucky few.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Don't know if anyone mentioned it cuz I didn't read everything but there is skunk 2 also

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks good Noel!.

I don't think you'll ever have a problem hearing the exhaust over the intake noise when wearing a helmet now! :nod: (not saying you did before ;) )

Not sure I could live with it as a +170km a day daily driver though....although I'd love too :smash: ;). Then I'd really cop the ricer insults from the bogans at work. :madfawk:

So may I ask what happened to your Honda Twin-Cam N1?.
And besides the obvious weight decrease, and volume increase (correct?) how do the two compare in your opinion?

Actually now I think about it, and re-reading the comments on the design and purpose of this exhaust is it actually quiter than your old Feel's?

Daylight shot would be good too...hint hint... :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts