Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading alot of threads here it appears the gains of an exhaust do not justify the cost unless you just want a louder car. I guess exhaust is one mod I'll skip on. How about you guyz with modded exhaust? Do you personally feel gains when driving or is it just louder?

·
Registered
149 Posts
The only way you'll see significant gains from an exhaust is if you you've already done significant internal mods in the motor itself, running boost, or remove the catalytic converter(federal offense).

With a catback, you'll feel a slight loss of low end torque, but you'll find the car will pull a little better in the top end(but not much).

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've read that an exhaust along w/ headers and an intake will give some power gains. Around 25HP. But everyone keeps saying that for the price of those mods it isn't worth it. I even had one person say that there would only be 10-12HP gain. So I dunno. I'm :confused:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
NA or FI ... You'd need an exhaust to improve flow and free-up whatever horsepower. Catback exhausts on the CL7/9 are broken up into 2 categories with relative respect to what they are designed for.

Twin-Output, Double Muffler - Following the OEM design lines, this design compliments the setup of the car instead of being bias to power gains. This will see little to no gains inclusive of power and weight reduction. Objectively, this is much quieter as well than the next option.

Single-Output, Single Muffler - Sports or race developed. Particular design styles like N1 are developed for maximum power extraction available while retaining the use of the catalytic converter. Pipe size and length are engineered for power gains sacrificing ride comfort and increased noise output along with significant weight reduction thanks to less materials being used in construction.

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
^^^listen to that guy... hes knows his stuff^^^

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noel said:
NA or FI ... You'd need an exhaust to improve flow and free-up whatever horsepower. Catback exhausts on the CL7/9 are broken up into 2 categories with relative respect to what they are designed for.

Twin-Output, Double Muffler - Following the OEM design lines, this design compliments the setup of the car instead of being bias to power gains. This will see little to no gains inclusive of power and weight reduction. Objectively, this is much quieter as well than the next option.

Single-Output, Single Muffler - Sports or race developed. Particular design styles like N1 are developed for maximum power extraction available while retaining the use of the catalytic converter. Pipe size and length are engineered for power gains sacrificing ride comfort and increased noise output along with significant weight reduction thanks to less materials being used in construction.
If one was to supercharge his car, would a new twin output exhaust be sufficient?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Sufficient, oh yes even the OEM one would be sufficient. But no where close to the power gains of running a single output.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts