Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard a 50/50 rating on these coil overs. Some users say there horrible and hear clunking when driving. Some say great coilovers and good bang for your buck. Some say to stiff and very bouncy, some say just right and better than stock.

Here is my 0.02.

Compared to stock the handling is wayyyyyy better. Before when i would just jerk the car back and forth no ****, the car would move very freely and almost lose control if not corrected. With the F&F none of that is there its very smooth when you "jerk". You can feel every bump you hit, but its not bouncy at all. I felt that when i would hit a bump with oem suspension it was worse. The reason why i went with these coils was because this is truly my daily driver. I do not plan to street race, do ricer fly bys, go to the track, time attack none of that. I plan to drive to work, to publix, long distance, and just casual. So these fit perfect "for me''. All in all, i am happy with my 599$ shipped coil overs.

Before.

After. (Maxed out low) (Not how i left it, it was OD)

Misc.

Current.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice review with lots of pics, hopefully helpful to prospective buyers.
Thanks.

looks good. i had the type 2's on my turbo civic before this car. they handled great. someone in my area has the type 1's on his tsx, im gonna go for a ride and see how they feel.
They really are a good bang for your buck. If i planned on doing something to my motor, or tracking, or racing then i would of went with Stance, BC, or Buddy clubs something in that nature, but im just chillin. So these are perfect, they fit me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
im mainly being stubborn on a set of street advances from tein bc i have a grey/green/polish theme going. the green tein will accent perfect. trying to go clean show with this one!

i just hit up the guy tho.. cruise in store for tomorow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree, they do ride very solid. I've had these close to a year already and still pretty good. Although I advise you to please be careful with serious bumps particularly with the rear coils. My rear one is done and I'm getting the famous knocking noise I've read so much about. Pretty good product and its my fault for hitting certain imperfections but please be careful

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, they do ride very solid. I've had these close to a year already and still pretty good. Although I advise you to please be careful with serious bumps particularly with the rear coils. My rear one is done and I'm getting the famous knocking noise I've read so much about. Pretty good product and its my fault for hitting certain imperfections but please be careful
thank you, and i will

·
pandaTSX
50 Posts
I've heard a 50/50 rating on these coil overs. Some users say there horrible and hear clunking when driving. Some say great coilovers and good bang for your buck. Some say to stiff and very bouncy, some say just right and better than stock.

Here is my 0.02.

Compared to stock the handling is wayyyyyy better. Before when i would just jerk the car back and forth no ****, the car would move very freely and almost lose control if not corrected. With the F&F none of that is there its very smooth when you "jerk". You can feel every bump you hit, but its not bouncy at all. I felt that when i would hit a bump with oem suspension it was worse. The reason why i went with these coils was because this is truly my daily driver. I do not plan to street race, do ricer fly bys, go to the track, time attack none of that. I plan to drive to work, to publix, long distance, and just casual. So these fit perfect "for me''. All in all, i am happy with my 599$ shipped coil overs.

Before.

After. (Maxed out low) (Not how i left it, it was OD)

Misc.

Current.

Hey, any issues so far w ur f&f type 1 coilovers? I'm thinking on getting these, but want to know if they're good or what? I'm not a racer or anything like that, I just want the look, but also a comfortable ride. Not too hard, not too soft. I live in fl so the roads r ok at best. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Hey, any issues so far w ur f&f type 1 coilovers? I'm thinking on getting these, but want to know if they're good or what? I'm not a racer or anything like that, I just want the look, but also a comfortable ride. Not too hard, not too soft. I live in fl so the roads r ok at best. Thanks

I've had my function/forms for a while, never had any mechanical issues with my coilovers. From what you're saying, FF would be best for a comfortable ride and drop. Not to mention good price

·
Registered
292 Posts
These look a really good option for me.
A question though.
I've read on some forums that after fitting these the highest setting drops the car about three inches, which would be too low for the roads I have to drive. Some guys had to pull them off straight away because they were just too short.

I need something that will adjust from close to stock height or an inch below down. I've also read that these come in two lengths, short ones that slam from the highest setting like above, and long ones that start near stock and down about 4".

Anyone able to clear this up?

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Why buy coils if your not going down! =) maybe just snag some spring or konis and springs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
292 Posts
Why buy coils if your not going down! =) maybe just snag some spring or konis and springs?

I am going down, but only around 2"+ to start. I'd also like the choice to go lower if I want. The springs alone just give a fixed height, which may be wrong for my wheel combo.

Also I can get the [email protected]'S for about $A630 delivered from the States. I can't get ANYTHING under a grand down here.
An Eibach Pro kit costs about $550 here and will only drop about an inch which isn't enough. $100 bucks more for coilovers sounds good buying to me!

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
I am going down, but only around 2"+ to start. I'd also like the choice to go lower if I want. The springs alone just give a fixed height, which may be wrong for my wheel combo.

Also I can get the [email protected]'S for about $A630 delivered from the States. I can't get ANYTHING under a grand down here.
An Eibach Pro kit costs about $550 here and will only drop about an inch which isn't enough. $100 bucks more for coilovers sounds good buying to me!
Misread you wanted close to stock! Been a while since I checked springs, biased since I got Eibach pro kit new for $120 lol. I guess I got a deal. The F&Fs from Heeltoe are one of the cheapest and still have some good bang for your buck. I have them and they're def a good buy if your going for that price.
Adjustability is also awesome on them for height, although they do start lower than stock I believe.
Sounds like your not in the US, but Marcus at heeltoe is still the man! Use TSXrocks! Promo code for 5% off too. Anything else you need, he'll do what he can to oblige.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Misread you wanted close to stock! Been a while since I checked springs, biased since I got Eibach pro kit new for $120 lol. I guess I got a deal. The F&Fs from Heeltoe are one of the cheapest and still have some good bang for your buck. I have them and they're def a good buy if your going for that price.
Adjustability is also awesome on them for height, although they do start lower than stock I believe.
Sounds like your not in the US, but Marcus at heeltoe is still the man! Use TSXrocks! Promo code for 5% off too. Anything else you need, he'll do what he can to oblige.

No I'm in Australia where parts are far more expensive. In some cases nearly double the price. I buy a lot of stuff on ebay from the US. Even Tyres (tires!) which can be landed at my door much cheaper than buying local, even with freight.

I've followed Mayuga's build thread with much reference to Marcus at Heeltoe.
I wish I was close to a shop like that!

The problem is that shopping for stuff in the US you have to be careful of freight charges.
For example, one shop will sell a set of [email protected]'s for $600 and then charge $350 for freight, while the next shop will charge the same price for the parts, and only $65 for freight. Go figure!

You have to ask questions like the above about details like shock length because it's a long way to get something shipped only to find it doesn't fit or do the job.

I might say that on the whole, US retailers have exemplary service and after sales compared to their Aussie counterparts, who most of the time treat you like they'd rather be out surfing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You know I keep hearing everyone compare the F&F Type 1 to the Tein basic but there is 1 other Brand that is in the same price range has anyone ever had Experience with the Megan Racing Street Coilovers there about 650 to 700.

The reason I mention them is because they actually have a 15 level dampening adjustment They have another Type that has a 32 but there more into the 890 to 1000 range so for 650 on a Daily Driver I think its a fair price anyone seen them on a TSX?

I actually meet Someone that had them on his 2012 Sentra Spec V they felt really Decent but I'd Like to know has anyone heard Good or Bad things? The TSX weighs in about 900 pounds more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.