Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Finger gap all the way around.
Install is pretty straight forward, be sure to check your height, I had to jack the car up to get it off the lift?! Adjusting height is a bit tedious, but with a little patience you can get your desired height. Rear camber is killer, I need to get a camber kit asap!
The ride is great, on a scale one to ten, I'd give it a 8 1/2-9.
The car definitely hugs the turns, feels planted to the road, and takes the bumps at high speeds very well. You know they are there, but they aren't jarring or sharp. Ideally I'd give them a 9, but I'll save that rating for the type 2:king:

Also for better piece of mind the first three riders in my car did not noticed the car was lowered until I told them. The ride was that smooth.

Only gripes I have is I wish the type 1 could have come with the Eibach springs, and the lowering process wasn't such a bitch:laugh:

Other than that these coil overs have got to be the best bang for the buck hands down! I also feel a rear sway bar will make these coil overs come alive!

As already known HeelToe are great to buy from! I had some delays due to the Type 1's not being able to come with the Eibach springs, and Marcus kept in constant contact, even through easter holiday. He handled the delay with great professionalism.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no

Edit: sorry for the short answer, work>fun. Anyways I may when I get the camber kit, and wheels. Also do you see how steep my driveway is?! Lol!

·
Registered
298 Posts
looks excellent, I have been thinking about getting these.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll fix the broken links asap, thanks for the comments fellas! I'm more of a function than a stance kind of guy. I like the slammed look, but It's not my style all the time. I'm sure the 18's will fill the gap!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you currently scrape with one finger gap when you go up that slope of your drive way?
I've maneuvered up that drive way for 12 years, with a lowered z28, lowered cobalt ss, and now the TSX. If I enter head on, yeah I'll scrape he hell out of it, but I've learned if I take it at the correct angle, no scraping at all.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
no

Edit: sorry for the short answer, work>fun. Anyways I may when I get the camber kit, and wheels. Also do you see how steep my driveway is?! Lol!
i rub, scrape, or whatever other words you wanna use to describe it no matter how flat a turn or road is. I cant even full lock at the moment:p

just go a littlee bit lower:p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a great set up if you are looking from a budget build pov. Of course don't let the price or "the under the radar" company fool you. They handle up to par, and spot on for a consumer looking for a sporty feel/ride, and aggressive looks, yet maintain everyday driver use.

My Z in undergoing an engine rebuild, so the TSX is the main mode of transportation. So everyday use was a major issue for me. I have a 3yr old daughter who would fall asleep instantly in the TSX, but with the weeble wobble feel of the OE suspension she would wake up when I entered or exited turns even in slow speed inner city driving. I took her to see my parents, and she was out the whole way, even through the twisties heading to their house:laugh:

Just remember if you do pull the trigger, the type 1 aren't compatible with the Eibach springs. I was a little unsure of the standard springs, but since driving on them for the last 3 days, my mind is at ease with them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i rub, scrape, or whatever other words you wanna use to describe it no matter how flat a turn or road is. I cant even full lock at the moment:p

just go a littlee bit lower:p
I may when I install the camber kit, but I feel the 18's will fill the gap quite nicely as well, luckily I now have the option to raise or lower it, if I don't like it:laugh:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm going to get these too, that is a nice drop. That looks like I could make it through the winter.
Unfortunately here in South Texas the only snow we see is in cone shape:laugh: I wish I could help with a better stand point, though I will tell you the option to raise it is/will be there for you if you decide to buy them. Just be prepared to raise it in advance of weather. The process is a bit tough, but can be done quickly once you get used to it.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
how difficult to adjust the height exactly?

·
Registered
298 Posts
thank you for going into detail on how these perform and answering many questions that I and I bet many others have on these :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It wouldn't be a bad decision if you did, I suggest making your choice on what type of build you are aiming for. I made my choice on 3 things in mind. Budget,comfort, change in ride height, and the choice to have fun in the twisties.

The Type 1 coil overs hands down meet all my key factors. Though I may switch to the Type 2 down the line, due to more options with the actual coil overs, and the choice of the Eibach's, as well as the future compatibility of their in cabin system to adjust them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thank you for going into detail on how these perform and answering many questions that I and I bet many others have on these :)
No problem bro, just want help the TSX community. I knew there were a lot of questions about the type 1's seeing many opted to buy the type 2's I will update it when I get the camber kit as well as sway bar:)

Any questions just ask.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts